Just another Manic Mondayyyyyy. I wish it was Sundayyyyy. Cause that's my fundayyyyy. My i don't have to run dayyyyy. But it's just another FRIENDSgiving Mondayyyy. So I'm thinking that's okayyyyyy. Because I'm gonna stuff my face todayyyyyy. And I leave for New York on Wednesdayyyyy!
Alright - enough of trying to write my own lyrics (I'm just so daggone excited!), let's talk about the goods. The extra cheesy, carb-o-licious, melts in your mouth, buttery goodness of this crock pot mac and cheese recipe goods that is just what the gal goddesses ordered for our Annual FRIENDSgiving.
*Crock Pot Mac and Cheese*
(This recipe makes about 6 servings, i always double it)
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- you can use just about any cheese you like, i always use a mix of whatever i have in the fridge, but you should have SOME cheddar in there :)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- I've made it with both regular and reduced fat, i can't seem to tell any difference. so if you're looking to save some cals, feel free!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- here's another I've made it with whole and skim, can't tell a difference - so more room to save!
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in water for about 6-7 minutes
- (this is the only part that cheats, you don't actually cook the macaroni in the crock pot, so you actually get 2 dishes dirty, BUMMER! ... but i always practice the "if it's just boiled noodles the pot's clean" approach, so it ain't too bad!...Shhhhh. that's our little secret)
Combine all ingredients in crock pot including cooked macaroni
Cook on low for 2-4 hours stirring occasionally
- Cheese tends to brown near sides
- Voila! Cheesy, buttery, melty goodness. ALWAYS a crowd favorite. Although I've never met a mac and cheese i didn't like :)