Monday, April 14, 2014

First Birthday Fancies

First birthday. First birthday.. FIRST BIRTHDAYYY.

What am I saying right now?! How is it already time to start thinking about my favorite little man turning a year old? How is it possible the first year of his life is coming to a close? How is it possible? HOW?! How did this happen? Just hold on real quick while I go grab another Kleenex, K?

I am so excited to celebrate with him and the thought of him and a little smash cake smeared all over his face/hands/belly/etc. makes me giddy with excitement, but HOLY BAJEEZE. A year old. Crazy sauce.

Alas, it's happening. I keep telling myself if I wait and don't plan it, it won't happen. Buuuut, that's sort of like telling yourself that if you eat the last 4 Oreos it really doesn't matter because there isn't a big difference between 2 cookies and 6. No? No one else reasons that way with themselves? Well, that's Katie logic at it's finest right there. So, I guess that means it's time to settle the brain into planning mode and maybe my butt onto the exercise bike at the same time to work off the 10 Oreos I just lied to you about :)

So there's where the brain currently is folks ... babies and birthday parties! WHAT FUN!  I'd love to hear some of your ideas and/or fabulous birthday party themes you've seen or heard.

For some reason right now I'm loving the idea of a Circus theme ...
Happy Birthday Banners - 9 Options to Choose From! Great For Boys and Girls at VeryJane.com
And let's be honest, because I love all things vintage ... I'm still trying to catch my breath after seeing this ... A VINTAGE CIRCUS THEME. In love with this.
Vintage Circus / Carnival Party with A LOT of Ideas via Kara's Party Ideas | KarasPartyIdeas.com #vintage #carnival #circus #girl #boy #party #ideas #supplies
 But I also love a self-made ONEderland, because I could really make that be anything I want, and wouldn't be tied to a theme .... but who am I kidding ... I love themes. c7b827c1a41d869913ecba1beb1379c1.jpg (640×960)
Oh man, I've created a monster. I'm overdosing on Pinterest and Google searches.

SOMEBODY STOP ME!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog so much! The layout is amazing.
    I'm your newest follower via google (27).
    I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow me back as well Also,
    if you'd like to keep in touch via FB or twitter,
    just do so and let me know so I can follow back =)
    http://whiteglaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~