Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Snack Attack ... I'm a Momma

Going wayyyy back in the archives I told y'all about our typical weekly eating schedule.  In said post, I also mentioned when it comes to food it is not wise to mess with our routines. Well, apparently my child did not get the memo. Damn TPS reports.

I'm trying my hardest to get back into our routine. But, well ... life happens and it doesn't always work out exactly as planned. So, as I'm working to fine tune my cooking skills one handed, I'm also learning a lot more about a little thing called snacks.

When I was pregnant snacks became my lifeline. It didn't seem suitable to always eat a a full meal. One, because I'd be hardcore judged by everyone around me if I ate as many cheeseburgers as I did snack baggies of fruit. And two, because I needed to keep those blood sugars up! Now that little man has arrived, its not much different. Although the snacking frequency is MUCH less than when I was preggers, it's still just as imperative.

On days when lunch just ain't gonna happen or when I haven't been to the grocery store and we have no food to make an actual meal ... snacks are essential.  And I currently handle my snack attack with these delicious delights.
Nourishment ... while parenting
Ha! And you thought I was going to share some healthy snacks or something that you may consider trying. WRONG.  Did I mention I have a 10 month old?  His snacks are my snacks, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. And I'm not above the occasional Goldfish for dinner routine. Cheesy baked goodness in all it's glory. Yum.

So don't mind me while I finish polishing off this bag of white cheddar puffs and wash it down with some stale coffee. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~