Friday, December 5, 2014

The City, Santaland and Central Park - Part 4

As promised, the final chapter of our trip to NYC. I realize four posts dedicated to a short 4-5 day trip is extremely uneccesary, but I had so many pictures and picking and choosing what and what not to include was entirely too much work. So we get all of them. Deal with it. Catch up on post 1 / post 2 / post 3 here. 

NYC - DAY 5 & 6

Saturday started with a little nap for Baby B, vacationing is hard on a toddler I tell ya! Following by an absolute MUST visit to Macy's to laugh at all the crazies and really feel a part of it all. Plus, we wanted to visit Santaland of course!
I'm fairly certain he is rolling his eyes and sticking his tongue out at me. Most likely while thinking "Is she serious?! Another picture?! Get it together Mom!"
In all honesty, it's overwhelming and probably not worth it ... but walking into NYC Macy's during the holidays just really brings the magic.
Santaland!

He loved SantaLAND. Santa however, not so much :)
And after all the excitement Santaland had to offer ... we landed into a full fledged toddler meltdown in the middle of the extremely over crowded NYC Macy's that just moments before seemed so magical.


We wrapped up the night with some long-lost friends (HI LEAH!) and an awesome dinner with wayyy too much wine at Smith and Wollensky.
And then Leah took us to a swanky NYC club (that looked like a ginormous living room) ... and after the cab ride called it quits with some street falafel.
Sunday morning we headed home (BOO, HISS). But not before scampering about Central Park with the wee one!
Say cheese you tiny little monkey!
And chowed down on the most delicious food truck waffles.
Explored the Home Alone tunnel!
And hummed and hawwed at the beauty of the city.
Said hello to all of the ice skaters at the rink!

Played on the big rocks! (this is a near heart attack and should likely be avoided when you have an adventurous toddler by the way -- take it from me)
Took in some more of the sights.
Then said hi to the horseys.
And tipped a street performer for our final farewell.
And for the final farewell, we really, really took everything in :) - The crispness of the air, the smell of food vendor hot dogs and slightly toasted pretzels, the sounds of the horns, the hustle and bustle of the people zipping by, the chinging of the pedicabs, the clicking sounds of the horses hooves, and the feeling of my family surrounding me in one of the greatest cities of all.
That picture shows me what life is all about ... because in life: New York is ALWAYS a good idea. And what I love most about my life are the people I get to share it with. 
 photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~