Monday, August 24, 2015

Recipe Monday: Back-to-School Lunch Ideas

It's here. The dreaded week that B officially "goes to school".  I'm a mess, as expected. God help me come Friday. My latest panic ... WHAT WILL HE EAT FOR LUNCH?!

No more short order cook for Bennett, but I actually have to decide what he's going to have nearly the night before and prepare to have it ready BEFORE I realize he's hungry day of. How do you mama's do it?! So much pressure! Hahaha!

Bennett is a picky eater, so I'm actually looking forward to him going to school and seeing some other little kiddos eat. I'm hoping that when he sees them eating and excited about their food he in turn will be excited too.  So I mentioned a week or so ago I got home a compartment lunch box with his back to school goodies.  The idea is I can give him a lot of option, so at least if he's being picky on one particular day, I know he'll have at least one of something! Ha!

Here are some of my inspirations + lunch box ideas I'll be taking into this school year. Let's see how long this lasts :)

Apples and peanut butter - check yes!

 Apples = peanut butter and jelly - score!

 Random assortment on sticks + grapes + pretzels (mayyyybe)

Many fruit options + marshmallows!

The use of cookie cutters to make it fun + goldfish for the guarantee!

Granola bars aka Cookie bars (that'll be the only thing he'll eat that day)

So there you have it. I'll be at the grocery story until Friday if you need me :) Talk soon!
  photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~