Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Birthday Weekend Rewind

Well, it happened. I officially entered my last year as a twenty something - and now have only one year to complete everything I ever wanted to do before I turned thirty! Ha! That sure spiraled out of control quickly!  My birthday was nearly a month ago now, but low and behold I'm just now getting around to blogging about it!

The good news is, hubby honored my request for a Great American Company birthday cake and it was delicious after the boys serenaded me with my birthday song. The bad news is, hubby honored my request for a Great American Company birthday cake, and it is still delicious as I continue to eat it for every meal three days later.  Surely when I go to the doctor Friday she is going to slap me on the wrist and tell me to ease up on the cookies because my third trimester weight gain is bound to be out of control. 

We kicked off the celebration Friday night with said Cookie Cake. And Bennett did this adorable little thing with his hand while he was singing "happy birthday to youuuuuu" that I have on video and will forever cherish. And Shane had taken him to the mall earlier in the week to pick out mommy's birthday present and he shared this photo with me. Oh my goodness. I can't even take it. 


Saturday morning we loaded up the car and headed to a little town about 45 minutes outside of Nashville. There's an awesome waterfall we were dying to check out + some fun outdoorsy adventures!




After we got all hot and sweaty we headed to the cute little down and found a *GASP* old train station museum that little Bennett could have probably stayed at for hours.



And of course, we HAD to get Ice Cream!





Then Sunday, we headed out to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens to check out the Harvest Festival. The grounds were so pretty and we ended up buying a membership so we can continue going all the year long. Super excited about this!

They had fun scarecrows created by people all over town.


And gorgeous scenery from every angle.



Bennett even stayed in the stroller for more than 5 minutes - which is basically a birthday miracle.

The treehouse :)




Bennett's fort!
And the trains. Oh. Em. Gee. The trains. Bennett could have stayed here for HOURS. And honestly, I could have too.







Is there anything better than peacefulness and Bennett snuggles?! No, there is not.



 photo signature_zps8dinyuit.png

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect birthday weekend....so many gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~