Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Life Lately

Hey Gang. Aside from the usual song and dance of pretending like I have life mastered + parenting two young children (ahem, I don't ... like at all) our world seems to continually spin off the planet. Technical "maternity leave" ends in two short weeks and I'm over here like say whhhaaaaat?  That means this "new" life is technically now a month and a half old and I'm still scratching my head as to how I managed to lose yet ANOTHER pacifier and what the over/under is on how many times I'll have to recite a version of Humpty Dumpty today.

But by the grace of God both children are napping at the moment - AT THE SAME TIME! - can I get an Amen!??! So I wanted to share a quick post on what's been happening in our life lately.

First and foremost, we need to all collectively say a quick prayer and thank you to the man upstairs for his blessing to allow us more time with our dear Sissy. She had a heart attack last week, and we're still scratching our heads as to how in the world this happened (and that I managed to lose several pacifiers in the midst of packing up our house during that terrifying trip back to Louisville)!  She is thankfully out of the hospital and back home resting and rehabbing her way back to her old self and we wish her the happiest and quickest of recoveries!  Hug your loved ones tight my friends - times like these always have a way of shining a floodlight directly on to the things that are TRULY important and we are so very thankful this one turned out okay! We love you Sissy!
Speaking of the big Man and His divine plan, we've been gearing up for His birthday! And we're so excited to celebrate! We're heading back to Kentucky for Christmas this year and are so excited to introduce our newest little to everyone and spend some time with family. Here's what we've been doing while we wait for the birthday party :)

Since I'm still breastfeeding, we occasionally have to feed the baby while we're out and about for the day. So it's incredibly normal for Bennett to "drive" while little Lainey Lou eats :)
 And having a little sister ain't so bad when people drop off really cool "congrats on being a big bro" presents. Thank you Andrea, Bennett has yet to stop playing with this - seriously he loves it! 
 And little miss has gotten some sweet "welcome home" gifts too!
 We love our friends. And miss my gals!
This Nashville weather has been CRAZY train. So we've had to get creative with using up all of our energy ... and when you can't find rainboots ... cowboy boots do the trick! 
 And Bennett's really into "da moooovies" and popcorn obviously needs to be present as well.
 We bundled up and headed to Franklin for Caroling and the lighting of the tree. But littler mister was NOT a fan of the Grinch ... "he's keepy (creepy)".
 And Maggie, well ... Maggie is here too!
 Lainey just hangs out ... basically anywhere.
 Bennett's kicking booty and taking names at Soccer practice.
 And admiring the floats + bands at the Nashville Christmas parade.
 And we're always keeping an eye on that crazy elf, CoCo!
 And thanks Aunt Toby for the awesome lawn decorations/Christmas lights. Christmas dachshunds?!!!? We couldn't love them more.
 And heading around to all of the Christmas villages is starting to be so much fun!
 And what's that?! Another medal?! Sports all-star.
 And having staring contests with this little beauty. She always wins.
 And when it's 72 degrees in December where you live ... the locals make their own snow at Winterfest. And toddlers LOVE it.
 Really, really love it.
 Lainey on the other hand could take it or leave it. As long as she gets to sleep.
 And well, speaking of sleep ...
 And the joy of Christmas lights. Cheekwood had an awesome display this year. Complete with S'mores firepits + yummy cocktails. Yes please.
 They were all really yummy. Not that we would know or anything ...
 And I mean ... geeze. Love yous.
 And in the morning ... Lainey likes a good photobomb.
 And Bennett likes a good candy cane.
 And I'm just like ... IS IT TIME FOR A GLASS OF WINE?!
 And then Daddy is forced to "get in the castle" ... and he's like "can I get a beer?!"
 But then this happens. I sit in the back seat to feed the littlest a bottle and the biggest one wants to hold my hand. And I sigh, and think how in the world did I get so lucky to be these kiddo's mama?!
And that's life lately. God is good.
 photo signature_zps8dinyuit.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~