Tuesday, January 26, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: January Edition

I fell off the What's Up Wednesday bandwagon for a few months, but I'm back with an brand new edition! For those of you that are new, here's the deal ... I link up with these lovely ladies on the last Wednesday of every month we check in and cover these topics:

So, in hopes of getting better at routine and starting January off right .. let's get right down to it and cover what's up in my world... here's this month's edition of What's Up Wednesday. 

What we're eating this week ... real food. Maternity leave is officially over and the holidays have passed. Therefore it's time to focus on what we're eating. It's time for momma to get back on track! Working on saying no to the sweets + processed junk and focusing more on the good stuff! But it's not as good... wahhh. Basically I feel like this right now. So the goal is put good things in my body and wait for spring :)


What I'm reminiscing about ... A lot of things actually. Starting with  warmer temps and this sweet boy's short hair. It's officially winter which means darkness in the morning + darkness at night, mixed with chilly air and pale skin. I realize I've still got a ways to go before true spring arrives, but I'm already ready!  Plus we're in the process of growing out B's hair and it's in that awkward, "please cut my hair mom phase" so when I reminisce on warmer days and his short little boy haircut it makes me wonder if I should just take him up the salon right now. And I can't believe we're coming up on our one year anniversary of moving to Nashville!  This picture was taken almost an entire year ago while we were subletting our apartment down here looking for a new home. SO CRAZY!

What I'm loving ... Watching these two get to know one another. Every day there are snippets of the two of them interacting more and more and it makes my heart sing. I love seeing Bennett proudly become a "big brudder" as he calls it, and become more and more interested in feeding her a bottle, or helping to change her diaper, etc. These two make me happy. 
What we've been up to ... Settling in. We're two, almost three, months into this family of four thing and we're still settling in and figuring things out. Simple tasks like taking them both to the grocery store were a bit of a cluster at first, but we're finally getting the hang of it (for the most part) and we're back in action and re-entering the world. We're finding our new routine and just taking our time enjoying these days where little bit is so "tote-able" because we know as soon as she starts getting a bit more mobile we'll be back to square one figuring out what in the world to do! Lainey's a little sturdier now too, so grocery shopping looks a little bit like this, baby wearing and boy in the seat. Whew! 
What I'm dreading ... swim suit season aka wearing a swim suit in less than two weeks when we go to visit my parents! Yikes. This time around I haven't bounced back nearly as fast as I did with B and it's got me all flustered. I haven't really given it a fair shot yet because let's be honest ... I've done zero in attempts to make it any better. But still ... I'm dreading the thought of it :) I'm working on eating better by having lunch dates at Whole Foods with these cuties! But let's be honest, I really just want to eat their "pumpin muttins" (pumpkin cheesecake muffins). 
What I'm working on ... Sleep :) now that little miss Lainey Lou is a bit older and we're weaning off breastfeeding and introducing more formula it's time to get little bit on a more routine sleep pattern. Don't get me wrong she has come LEAPS and BOUNDS from where she was at first, but compared to  her big bro she's still got a ways to go. It's so much harder the second time around because I don't have nearly as much time to FOCUS on it. And getting into a routine where she actually is sleeping in her bed at nap time instead of in the car because we have to take big brother to events, etc. makes it more challenging!  But, we're working on that...we'll get there! Any pointers out there mommas of multiple kiddos?

What I'm excited about ... This year! I feel like when we moved to Nashville (which was nearly an entire year ago! OMG!) things were all over the place and when we found out we were pregnant so quickly it was even more crazy than we anticipated. So, this year I'm really excited to start putting down roots and settling in even more to our new hometown, Nashville

What I'm watching/reading ... TV shows are back and I fear they are taking over. I'm beyond obsessed with Ben Higgins and the Bachelor. I know, I know ... it's embarrassing! But I'm involved in a fantasy draft with a bunch of gal pals so it's kind of necessary. Hubs and I also wrapped Making a Murderer this month. Wow. So many questions. Is he guilty? Was he framed? What do you guys think?! INSANE! Also, Amazon Prime just dropped off  'You' by Caroline Kepnes - because my girlfriends have decided we need to read a book together. I'll be skyping in via their "book club chat session" (ha!) to discuss it. So, I'll be starting that up this month and we'll see how much time I actually make to read it. 

What I'm listening to ... toddlers + babies. All day errday. Humpty Dumpty on repeat. Really though. And old school John Mayer. A girlfriend of mine, Holly, texted me the other day about his Room for Squares album and it gave me all the feels. So I've been adding it into my daily music and let's be real. It's one of the best albums of all times. 


What I'm wearing ... booties! I got a new pair for Christmas and bought another pair online and I've been rocking them in the wardrobe ever since! The black ones and the brown ones

What I'm doing this weekend ... we've got some more visitors coming our way!  Steve and his wife Danielle, and there little guy Jake are coming to visit Music City. Last weekend we had the niece and nephew staying with us, so we had tons of stuff on our plate. This weekend we're looking forward to visitors and Bennett's soccer class Saturday!

What I'm looking forward to next month ... Bahamas baby!! We don't have all of the details finalized just yet, but we'll be heading down to visit PaPaw + GoGo and this mama is ready! I'm trying to not think about the fact that I have to fly alone with two small children (more on that later). I ordered this cute little swimsuit, so hopefully it'll help me in this weird postpartum stage on the beach!


What else is new ... the bachelor and my love for Ben Higgins. That's pretty much it. And avocados and red grapes. I love those right now too :) Oh and speaking of swimsuits, I love this ... Lainey's first bathing suit I just splurged on. I can't WAIT to see her tiny hiney in it next month! Squeal!!
And that's What's Up Wednesday around here. Happy Hump Day! 

 photo signature_zps8dinyuit.png

2 comments:

  1. That quote about January was so funny! It does get easier with 2, but it takes time to adjust. I love Ben too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you're going to the Bahamas!!! Also your pictures of the kiddos are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~