Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What's Up Wednesday: Feelings and Floral

I have no introduction. Nothing clever. Nothing witty.  Nothing worth reading.  I just plain and simple want to tell you: I'm avoiding everything that piled up while I was away last week and instead I'm just wasting time playing on my bloggy blog. That's basically the gist of it. I've locked myself into my office, told my husband he is responsible for the children and I'm having edamame and Pinot Noir for dinner; because there is literally nothing to eat in our house. And that my friends is the glamorous truth that is currently my life.

But it's What's Up Wednesday and I told ya'll I was getting back on the wagon, so let's move on shall we?  Here's the deal ... I link up with these lovely ladies on the last Wednesday of every month, and we check in and cover these topics:
So let's get down to it ...

What we're eating this week ... well based on what I just told you, we haven't eaten much of anything. I should probably make that more of a priority. 

What I'm reminiscing about ... College spring break. It's that time of year and I always get a tiny twitch thinking about how much fun that week was. How I survived four of them I will never know. But man, they were fun. (that's me and hubs in the middle/back)


What I'm loving ... The new look of my bloggy blog. I was really bored with the old gold text and truth be told I never really was 100% in love with the old look anyways. It was meant to be a short placeholder to simply get the "in the bluegrass" updated to "in music city" and I kept telling myself I'd create something later that I loved, but just never got around to doing so. So, naturally while I have 400 things on my plate - this current moment seems like the best time to go ahead and accomplish that.

I don't know if having a little girl has anything to do with it, but for some reason I'm really loving floral accents right now. Especially ones that are in my favorite colors. So, when I saw this background on vector images I thought it should be my new look for a while.
Teal/Blue is my all time favorite color. It was seen at my wedding and is used in nearly every room in my house. It's been my M.O. since I was a tween on aim: BlueDaisy31 was my jam and I think it's so deep rooted inside of me that now every time I see the color mixed with something I currently love I have to have it. So, here it is ...

Again, as a reference here's the BlueDaisy archives of all the looks I've had throughout the years. It's fun to look back and see what in the world I was thinking way back when. But the current look is where I am in life right now. A little bit girly (Lainey), mixed with a lot of crazy (Bennett), trying to pull it all together and make it make sense (Life).

It was also time to update my "hello I'm Katie Marie" badge. I needed to either include Lainey or drop the kiddos names and just bring it more true to what the blog has really come to be about (my kids). The old badge:

The updated badge (I desperately need new professional head shots. This is my Marketing Director shot from forever ago. I'll go ahead and add that to my to-do list, along with updating that website I just sent you to. Lots of changes to be made!): 

What we've been up to ... We've actually been visiting my parents in the Bahamas! I've been working to get those posts together and hope to have the recaps for you ASAP. 

What I'm dreading ...still dreading swim suit season. Which means I constantly dread the work out (or lack there of). Womp.

What I'm working on ... Well, my little brother commented on a recent blog post and made me feel like a complete ignoramus and it's really got me frazzled.  Granted, he is a writer, living in New York, so it's kind of his "thing" to be good with words (and typing that is so cool ... I'm so proud of him). But back to the issue at hand, his comment stated that the first picture in said post could be taken one of two ways.
"could be seen as an adorable photograph of two siblings growing up together or an ominous harbinger of things to come."
Uhm, I'm sorry. Did you just say "ominous harbinger"?! What??  Please tell me my loving readers that you too are stumped by what in the actual h-e-double hockey sticks this means?! I spent most of my morning on Google working on uncovering the meaning and I think I now know what it means, but I can't be too sure. Bottom line, I should probably just have another glass of Pinot and chat about the next topic.

What I'm excited about ... Spring! Target's dollar aisle is an ever prominent reminder that it is so close and I couldn't be more excited!

What I'm watching/reading ... The Bachelor, Duh. I think Lauren B. has it in the bag! I also wrapped  'You' by Caroline Kepnes while I was on vacay. Shew! 

What I'm listening to ... The DVR ... currently screening last week's Scandal. 

What I'm wearing ... Jeans, because they fit again. Sort of. Not really. Womp. 

What I'm doing this weekend ... This weekend we're looking forward to Bennett's soccer class Saturday and catching up after vacay. We've entertained the idea of potty training, but I'm not sure I have the patience for that at the moment. 

What I'm looking forward to next month ... St. Patty's Day! I always love dressing up in ridiculous green colors and playing Irish. 


What else is new ... Not really a whole lot. This month was a fast one and that was way too long winded for the content applied. I blame the Pinot edamame. ;)

 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

3 comments:

  1. so glad i came across your blog as you are ADORABLE my friend. that book sounds so interesting so ill have to check it out ! were voting on our new book club book on my blog and i'd love for you to come vote and read with us next month! so glad i found you through the linkup! hope you'll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Caitlin! I will certainly come vote :)

      Delete
  2. Loving the floral look! And your dinner...pinot noir is a favorite, although I often like to pair it with some type of candy for dinner. Oops!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~