Monday, March 14, 2016

Recipe Monday: Chicken Sacchettini Broth Bowl

It's Monday. Again. Why does it always come so quickly?! Stay around weekend, STAY AROUND! We had a great weekend and Hubs and I got a sitter for a few hours on Saturday and headed downtown to hang with some friends and catch some of the SEC tourney shenanigans. It was a nice little break from mommy-mode and good to get some one on one time with my boyfriend.
But, let's be honest as fun as that was that's not why I'm here today. The real reason I'm here is to share some really exciting news ... I've got a copycat recipe to share and I am P-U-M-P-E-D to tell you about it.

So, a while back I headed to Panera and went to order my normal cold sandwich and some sort of soup or salad from the You-Pick-2 menu when I realized "KATIE GO OUTSIDE OF YOUR BUBBLE!" I've literally been going to Panera since high school and I swear I order the same thing nearly every time, BORING. So, I literally had an internal dialogue of "look up at the menu and the first thing you see - you're ordering that." (I know I know, you're insanely jealous of how cool my life is ... HA! insert sarcasm font).  

Welp, I looked up and saw this "Ricotta Sacchetini with Chicken Broth Bowl"- say that 10 times fast - and I ordered it, and holy moly I'm so glad I did.  Ya'll I don't know if it's really that good, or if my taste buds were just craving more than cold turkey and lettuce that day, but I'm happy about it either way. And even happier because last week I was bound and determined to try and recreate the recipe and GASP! I honestly think I may have succeeded.

Here are the deetz:
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
  • 1 rotisserie chicken
  • 1-2 (32 oz cartons) of chicken broth
  • 1/2 bag (or about 9-10oz) of frozen cheese tortellini
  • 1 head of broccoli (florets only)
  • 2 tomatoes (diced)
  • 1-2 lemons (reserve 4 slices for serving garnish)
  • 4 handfuls fresh spinach (1 per bowl)
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese + a little extra for garnish
  • 5 tsp pesto
  • S&P to taste
Instructions:
  1. Bring your broth to a little boil in your pretty Pioneer Woman dutch oven (oh wait, you don't love her as much as me? Well, then we can't be friends.)
  2. While you're waiting for the chicken to boil you can make good use of your time by doing things that will need to be done in a bit ... chop to tomatoes, chop your broccoli, shred your chicken, dance in the kitchen ... etc :)
  3. Add your little love bug pastas to the water and cook according to the package (like 5 minutes-ish)
  4. Bring your heat to med-low and add in your broccoli and tomatoes. Let them get all warm and cozy.  You're really just cooking until the broccoli is bright and green and just a wee bit tender (truth be told, I overcooked my first batch and it was still super yummy ... but just an FYI)
  5. Now it's time to add some more flavor to your broth (yum) get your lemon going and squeeze in half that yummy juice. 
  6. Also add your 5 teaspoons of pesto and give it all a stir so it gets real friendly. You can also add in your cheese and let it get all warm and gooey. 
  7. Then add a big ole' handful of spinach to your bowl(s)
  8. Now, here comes the fun part ... ladle over a big heaping tablespoon of your yummy soup!
  9. Then add a lemon slice and another good squeeze of lemon juice to the bowl.
  10. Then top it with some chicken! (you can totally leave the chicken out if you want it to be vegetarian, or for that matter you could probably replace it with shrimp and it'd be delicious too) .. and also, next time I may grill my chicken for little different flavor, but rotisserie got the job done.
  11. Top it with some cheese and salt and pepper.
  12. FEAST!
Seriously, such a light and healthy meal. To save some calories you could probably omit some of the cheese and add less pasta - because it won't really change the flavor that much - it will just make it a bit less hearty. But all in all, I'm chalking this one up as a win and plan to make it more often than not. Copycat success and I'm happy dancing all the way to broth bowl town (annnnd I'm going to pretend like I didn't just say that) Tomorrow is Tuesday, so let's hope the lame jokes stay back with Monday where they belong. Laterrrrr. 
 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

8 comments:

  1. This sounds AMAZING! Yum! Sounds like the perfect lunch. Oh - and I totally feel you on the always ordering the same thing at Panera. I have like two go to's and never go outside my bubble. Sounds like I need to, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. the Sachettini from
    Panera is awesome! Awesome enough that I searched a recipe to make at home. Not feeling my best today. i think i was given a cold by my middle kid. So I wanted something hearty and filling (Panera's recipe is. I know). I came across your post and realized i had everything in my kitchen (cause i'm not up to going anywhere) except fresh tomatoes. Oh well, we'll have this recipe (tomotoes omitted) I'm excited. (excited enough to comment on your post, even though I don't feel well). Pardon the lack of punctuation and grammatical correctness. I'm in a hurry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay!! Hope it turned out :) feel better!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to try this recipe, especially since they discontinued this at Panera! This was my fave thing to order, so thank you for saving me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this was forever ago but thank you so much for this recipe!! I loved the broth bowl from Panera and Im so sad they replaced this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. broth looks so tasty. been looking for beef recipe and somehow I ended up here lol. I'm gonna give this recipe a try, probably this evening. I suck at cooking really bad, even in papa's cooking games for kids but this recipe looks easy enough. Excellent quality photos btw. Thanks for the amazing recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~