Wednesday, April 13, 2016

When You Go Through Deep Waters

I want to share something with ya'll that spoke to me ...
"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." Isa 43:2
The world is made up of billions of individuals - each one important, each one carrying their unique story. Our collective stories, including those past, makeup the world we know. And like great books, our stories are so varied and different from one another… But they all carry similar themes; the search for love and belonging, tragedy and heartache, joys and hope, challenges and faith… and more. Here is a look at our current story if you're behind ...
Before heading to the hospital for surgery

It’s easy to become enraptured with our own story and be blinded to those around us. We aspire, we dream, we accumulate stuff, amass wealth and experiences, and we complain when we don’t get what we want, we judge when someone hurts or annoys us, we sink into morbid despair when hardship comes, then we blame and point fingers… all this because our ears are filled with our own narrative, drowning out the voices and plight of others.
Sorry for being so pretty (hahahaha)
Does anyone else HATE IV's?! I swear they're one of the worst parts. 

Our stories were never meant for solo flight - they will never reach their full potential or impact unless they’re shared and exchanged with someone else… vulnerable and authentic. Warts, beauty and all. Let someone read it, add to it, pour over it, mark it, enjoy it… cry and laugh, sharing stories, exchanging moments… hearts. Our stories becoming communal, part of each other.

My awesome support team - my dad documented, he was there too, but took the pics! 
(Aunt Charlene, Uncle Gary, Aunt Toby, MaKenzie)
My Father-in-Law, Steve, My momma
My mother-in-law, Susan
My Father-in-Law, Mark, And Hubs

God 'wants in' on our stories too.  No matter what we go through, no matter what part of the story we're up too; the scary and sad parts, the chilling and horrific parts, God never stops reading. He’s not on the sidelines judging, and he’s not in the end waiting for us to finish. He is with us everywhere we go. Around, in and through. His is the hand of a ready writer, wanting to help us with the plot, themes, and narrative. Our voices join, and the story becomes ours. Shared, divine and holy. You can’t tell where one story starts and the other one ends.


I waited in the hospital yesterday looking around and realizing even though the past few weeks have been so "me-focused" and I've felt like everything is crashing around me ... I looked around and couldn't help but think I wasn't the only one in that hospital. I wasn't the only patient in the oncology unit starting their battle, there were patients everywhere. And nurses and doctors that were committing their days to help me and everyone else be more comfortable.  We're all fighting a battle, and there is more than meets the eye.

The board that kept everyone updated. 

No matter where the story of your life is up to, God is with you - even through deep waters… He will not leave you. He’s been there before, and he will go there with you again.

God was with us yesterday and came in the form of my family and friends supporting me in my own personal cheering section.  He was with me in the form of good friends that watched my babies so we could be at the hospital. He was with me in the form of knowledgeable doctors that are helping me fight this. And he was with me giving me peace while I waited for the doctors to take me to the OR.  While we won't have the results from pathology for several days - the surgery went well and I am home in recovery. They had to take more than they originally planned from the back of my leg and three nodes were removed. But the doctor seemed optimistic we got clean margins on the leg, and we're continuing to pray + positive energy that it has yet to spread to my lymph nodes.
Awake and in recovery!

And while we wait, I've got a lot of delicious food to eat thanks to family and friends that have sent it my way :) I'm going to start with a yummy brownie Laura made me.
 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

3 comments:

  1. Your story has really resonated with me. I especially love this post. Too often we get caught up in our own world and trials that we forget everyone is facing things, too. So glad you have such an awesome support system and I can't wait to hear about your good bill of health! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily, we are too sister! Every time my phone rings I jump a little bit!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this list!!! A support system is so important glad you got so many people there for you :) Praying for you
    Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~