Friday, January 24, 2014

Confessional Friday

It's Friday and I need a confession session.

  1. I confess ... my parents are on their annual world tour having a blast traveling all over the world and I feel lost. It's so crazy how I spent a large portion of my entire youth trying to scheme up ways to prove my "independence" my need and yearning for being distant ... and now that I am older the only thing I want is for my mom or dad to show up, bring me some lunch and hang with the babe on this chilly Friday. I don't know if that's normal as you get older, or if it's simply something I want because I know I can't have it right now? Either way: Today, I confess ... I miss my mom and dad.
  2. I confess ... hubs and I are gearing up for our first couples trip 'sans babe' in less than 12 days and the mix of emotions I'm feeling is bizarre. I am STOKED to head out on a vacation and "date" my husband like old times ... spend a few days being "old-Katie" and frolicking without a care in the world ... but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified to leave the little booger (even though I know he's in the best hands possible with his grandparents). I'd also be lying if I didn't tell you I was an emotional wreck thinking about being that far away from him or worrying I'm going to miss something and I'm already feeling anxiety nearly 2 weeks before we leave. Geesh, parenting worry is REAL.
  3. I confess ... we'll be headed to a bucket list destination of mine ... SONOMA CALIFORNIA ... so I plan to let the wine tastings, wine tours and beautiful scenery be my therapy of helping me through being away from little man while I get to spend the days playing with my husband and good friends.
  4. I confess ... I am soooo ready for Scandal to come back on TV ... so ready in fact that I Googled Olivia Pope's wine glass and ordered a few of those beauties so I'd be more than prepared while watching :)
  5. I confess ... while on the topic of TV, hubs and I are on a Sons of Anarchy marathon. We just wrapped season 2 and are heading into season 3 .... WOAH. Just woah. I confess I am kind of glad the weather is supposed to be horrid this weekend so we have an excuse to watch.
  6. I confess ... the boat and RV show is in Louisville this weekend and hubs and I will be in attendance tomorrow or Sunday. We're planning to check out cool stuff for little man to take to the lake this summer. Annnndd I may be lying if I didn't confess that I've already been thinking about Bennett's first birthday and perhaps mingling the lake, little man, Independence Day and a smash cake all into the mix. Give me a break it's only 5 months away..... 
Confessions.  Sometimes it feels good to share ;) Have a good weekend loves!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun in Sonoma! It is beautiful up there. If you get a chance, check out Iron Horse.

    And I'm SO ready for Scandal to come back too! I can't believe we have to wait so LONG!

    -AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~