Okay, do ya'll remember when I shared my unhealthy love for Ruby Tuesday's pasta salad? I was bound and determined to find a recipe that could give me my fix at home, but just an update we're on about recipe 7 and still haven't nailed it.
Basically, anytime I can find an excuse to take another stab at the recipe I pounce on the idea. So forewarning to my friends and family, you're probably going to have some version of this salad for the next 2 years until I feel certain that I have cracked the code.
That being said I made another version of the infamous pasta salad for a couples shower and I felt pretty good about the outcome. Definitely not solid enough to end the quest, but heading in a good direction. So here we go ...
Creamy Ham and Pea Pasta Salad
- 1 box rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 1 cup frozen green peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions ... about 9 minutes until al dente
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the ranch dressing, sour cream, mayonnaise, seasoning salt and pepper.
- I forgot the sour cream, so for me that got added later. I was also using a 1/4 measuring cup, so that's what it's heaping.
- Toss the dressing with the pasta and then gently stir in the ham, peas and bell pepper.
- Taste and add more seasoning salt or pepper, if needed.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.