Monday, January 27, 2014

Recipe Monday: Pasta Salad Woes

Okay, do ya'll remember when I shared my unhealthy love for Ruby Tuesday's pasta salad? I was bound and determined to find a recipe that could give me my fix at home, but just an update we're on about recipe 7 and still haven't nailed it. 

Basically, anytime I can find an excuse to take another stab at the recipe I pounce on the idea. So forewarning to my friends and family, you're probably going to have some version of this salad for the next 2 years until I feel certain that I have cracked the code. 

That being said I made another version of the infamous pasta salad for a couples shower and I felt pretty good about the outcome. Definitely not solid enough to end the quest, but heading in a good direction. So here we go ...

Creamy Ham and Pea Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 box rotini pasta
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 3/4 cup  mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 8 ounces diced ham
  • 1 cup frozen green peas, defrosted
  • 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
Directions:
  • Cook the pasta according to package directions ... about 9 minutes until al dente
  • Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Place in large mixing bowl. 
  • Whisk the ranch dressing, sour cream, mayonnaise, seasoning salt and pepper. 
  • I forgot the sour cream, so for me that got added later. I was also using a 1/4 measuring cup, so that's what it's heaping.
  • Toss the dressing with the pasta and then gently stir in the ham, peas and bell pepper. 
  • Taste and add more seasoning salt or pepper, if needed. 
  • Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
So there is attempt number 7.  Until my next try. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Cool. I usually benefit from the selection interviews. Many thanks with regard to getting this web site.


    http://www.mmo18.com/cheap-FIFA-15-coins.html
    lol欧服代练
    lol elo boosting

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~