Thursday, January 29, 2015

Nashville Mommy

Forewarning: these are not complete sentences I'm pretty sure. Everything is jumbled together. And the writing on this blog lately resembles much of my current life: piled and thrown together in a big box - which means it's either non existent, or just mixed together.  But that's all I can get out right now, so it's going to have to do. Bare with me :)

I have so much to catch ya'll up on. So, so much. Things like Australian, Max moving to NYC, updates on Nashville, Me going back to school (yes, you read that right), selling the house, etc. etc. But for sake of my sanity and the length of this post, I'm going to keep it short and sweet and give you the ultra condensed version and some inside scoop on what's been happening. Bottom line, if you want to skip the bullet points ... we're in Tennessee now :)

  • Our Louisville house is under contract and the closing date is set to be sometime between the last week of February and the first week of March 
  • On that note, we've moved out all of the "needs" and left behind everything else (i.e. furniture, decor, doubles, etc)
  • We packed up our 5x8 U-haul trailer and loaded down both of our cars last Sunday 1/25
  • Shane had a sales meeting Monday morning and after Bennett's nap we hit the road to head south down I-65
    • I chatted with MaKenzie the majority of the way, and it was just what I needed to calm my nerves and make me feel at peace (by the way, she is due with baby girl #4 in 22 days ... EEEEK! be still my heart)
  • We're staying in a corporate lease on a month to month contract at an apartment complex close to downtown (it includes all furniture, utilities, appliances, etc) - so it's made for an easy transition 
    • This is also the time I should note we're on the third floor ... with a toddler and Maggie ... right about now I really miss my garage and mudroom
    • Whyyyyy does he always move so fast, but when I am loaded down with armfuls of groceries he decides to take his sweet time and inspect each and every step?!
  • Most of this week has been spent unpacking boxes, googling where the closet grocery store is (uhm, what is Harris Teeter? ... well know I know. And I also know they have fancy parking spaces, and that I like!)
  • Maggie is anxious as all get out and is having the hardest time of all of us adjusting. Bless her sweet heart. We will get through this Mags. 
  • Hubs and I started watching Girls on HBO and we're hooked. It's helping to keep our minds off what is actually 
  • We'll be back and forth a lot this next month, but we're here and a serious house hunt is underway to get us out of the apartment and into our new home!

Mainly, I just want to say thank you to all of those that helped along the way, for how you have supported our family in our move to Nashville. It's a BIG step for us and the way that you all have surrounded us with prayers, helping hands and encouragement along the way means more than words can express.

There is a lot of sadness, grieving, and processing that has come along with moving away from our family, friends, and the state we've always lived in. Many days, in the midst of all of that, I’ve gotten a text, phone call, email or a comment from one of you that would be exactly what I needed to hear right then, and I want you to know I (we) appreciate it. And Bennett thinks it's just dapper :)

We've put down roots in Louisville, KY and have given ourselves and Bennett  a strong sense of home. But, the goal is now focused on hoping we can put down roots in Nashville, too.  And we're excited about the opportunity to do so. We can have two hometowns.  I keep telling myself we can make road trips back to Louisville whenever we want; that our friends will come visit in Nashville (if you're reading this, please come and visit); and most importantly, that people do this all the time. It's Nashville, only a few hours away. It’s not like it was Colorado or California or anything.  It isn't far. If it doesn't work out, we can always move back.  Maybe I'm just trying to feel better about pulling this switch, but that’s what I keep telling myself as the time has come to go.

Anyway, it's been a long week. One filled with lots of tears of sadness along with excited eagerness. We're starting a new chapter and we're ready. But change is hard, nevertheless.  And at the end of it all, I'm mostly happy we have the love and support from everyone we do. We love you.

So here we go ... Cheers Music City ... We now live in Nashville, Tennessee!

(P.S. the Vols are still a terrible orange color and I will forever proudly yell: GO CATS!)

 photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed too that day!!!! Makes my week when we can catch each other during naps and actually TALK. I'm crying as I type this for some reason, I miss you :( :( Love you. ~ Noellie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~