Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day ... My First.

Sometimes I wake up and pinch myself. I have to honestly blink twice to remind myself this is real. I am a mom. A mother. A friend. A little boy's first love and the only one who can care for him, a way only a mother can. I am that person. ME. No one else. 


Of course he has his daddy, his grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and oodles and oodles of other fabulous people to love him. But, God chose me to be his MOTHER. ME! What an incredibly awesome gift. He gave me a sweet innocent bundle of happiness molded in his own likeness to nurture and love. And I get a chance to give him all of the things he deserves in this world. 

I get to be the one to pick him up and make him feel better when he bumps his head. I get to giggle with him when he thinks someone/thing is oh so funny. I get to watch him try and try until he finally figures it out and flashes the biggest "I am so proud smile". I am gifted the hours to bathe him, feed him, and sing to him. I am able to tuck him in at night and snuggle him first thing in the morning (okay, well Daddy usually steals most of  those snuggles, but I get to watch). I am his mother. How lucky am I?!?!

The days are long. The sticky food he manages to place in my "newly washed and just fixed' hair is annoying. My interrupted sleep patterns and occasional 5am wake up calls are frustrating. The tiny human that cries for attention or needs food 30 seconds before it is humanly possible to get it to him is trying on one's emotions. The constant being needed is sometimes too much. But Heavens to Betsy is it worth it!

I'm coming up on my first Mother's Day this weekend. My little man has just started walking. He's going to be an entire year old in less than two months and holy bajeeze is it making me emotional! I'm overjoyed with happiness. My heart is so full of love for this little guy I can physically FEEL the emotion.  Not to mention, the joy and happiness it has brought to my marriage and the constant reminder that I am so beyond blessed with a great family and loving husband. It's all just too much. 

So, for anyone out there who is reading this ... I want to share my love with you. And want you to hug everyone you know and especially your babies a little tighter this week. These days are long, but the years are short (I'm learning that a little too fast these days). No matter what stage of life you're going through... traveling the world with your buddies while studying abroad (my baby bro), right out of college or still going through it, mid-twenty something career gal moving up the corporate ladder (several of my gal pals), SAHM who barely has time to shower (ahem ... hello MaK and Katie Bugg), grandmama's who love everything about their stage of life (aside from their knees), etc...savor it! We will never get it back and one day we'll wish we could snap our fingers and go back to that place. But we're here, now.  So I'm gonna snuggle my little man and my hubs a little tighter this weekend and thank my lucky stars for all I have. And hug your momma's a little tighter too, I promise they love you to the moon and back.

Happy Mother's Day Weekend my friends!



1 comment:

  1. this appears like you'd an infinitely more fantastic weekend break compared to my very own! ' ', we invested this learning with regard to finals. ughhh.
    beautiful weblog, incidentally!


    英雄联盟欧服代练  lol elo boost  Buy Fifa 15 Coins  Cheap lol boosting

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~