Thursday, August 14, 2014

Workin' On My Fitness

A couple of months ago a couple of buddies and I decided to try out the new barre workout fad. Believe it or not, I'm getting pretty into it. My biggest struggle has simply been sticking with a routine during the crazy busy summer months and days, but I'm sure that goes with anything … so I'm still going to say it's a win.

If you've ever taken a barre class you'll really appreciate this blogger's post. I feel compelled to share it with you simply because it is hysterical and so completely on point.

But anyways, back to the topic at hand: Fitness Fashion. Recently I posted about some lustful items I've been eyeing for my birthday list.  So, today I'm gonna share some new workout gear I've got my eye on. A new season doesn't just mean regular clothes refresh, workout gear need some freshening too … am-i-right?!

fitness

Daybreak Hoodie | Intention Cover Up | Cochise Jogger Shoe by The People's Movement (MOVMT) | Pallabrouse Baggy Boot by Palladium  | Powerhouse Mesh Tank | Odyssey Cami | Fast Track Tank

First, you'll notice this list does not include anything lulu lemon. And let me mention, if I could afford it and all its glory I would likely have listed all new lulu items (since I seem to the be the only one in my classes that doesn't rock it 24/7), but I can't so I don't even know what size I would be and all that jazz. So, I'll stick with my trusty Athleta and Gap brands … they're working juuuuust fine. 

Second, the tanks: I'm sort of obsessed with all things strappy when it comes to work out tanks right now. I still love the tried and true racer back, but something about the strappiness makes me feel really feminine and dare I say, a little pretty?

Third, the hoodie and tunic cover up: nothing says fall like a great jacket. These are on point.

Fourth, the shoes: no, you don't wear shoes to the barre, but I mean seriously. Those tennis?! How fab would those be with a good ole' pair of boyfriend jeans. And the boots, I love the sneaker feel while combining them with my ultimate love: boots. Simply can't go wrong. 

Okay, I'm off to move no more than an inch, but it will be the hardest thing I do all day. (Fellow barre goers … see what I did there?!)


1 comment:

  1. Up an inch, down an inch! I like barre classes too, and I'm with you on the strappy tanks! I love that blue one!

    -AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~