Friday, August 1, 2014

Confessional Friday: No More Rolls or Curls

It's been a while since I've played along, but I decided to link up with  Leslie today for Confessional Friday and get some stuff off my chest before we head into this AUGUST weekend ... sayyy whhhaaaaa??? Uhm am I the only one wondering where in the world July went? How is it seriously possible that all of the little tykes in my neighborhood go back to school in less than two weeks? DON'T GO SUMMER, DON'T GO!

So, let's start with that shall we?

I confess ... I am so not ready for summer to come to a close. I have had one of the best summers to date. Chalk it up to my first ever summer as an adult working from home, so I get to plan my days accordingly to ensure pool time, walks in the summer breeze heat, extended weekend trips, impromptu trips to the zoo and other excursions, fun extravaganzas with my mom, beach trips with the fam, hang out days with my boys, and just everything that summer has to offer + a tiny human to share it with. Thank you Summer 2014, Thank you. We have loved every second of you.

I confess ... The outlet malls 20 minutes from my house grand opened yesterday and the news is all warning everyone that traffic will be terrible and you should wait a few days to go and blah blah blahh. Buuut, I realllly want to be part of the crazy madness and see what it is all about. Today is supposed to be sort of low humidity, so I'm tempted to get a cram work session in the am and take little dude out for a stroll to snag some late summer deals. Can I get and AMEN for outlets that are FINALLY less than an hour away?

I confess ... When it comes to laundry day at my house I come dangerously close to losing my cool, EVERYTIME. Why you ask? It probably has something to do with the fact that my husband is a spoiled brat that has NEVER done his own laundry and therefore acts as such. My husband innocently and absentmindedly forgets helpful tidbits that make laundry day run a little smoother. Socks, Shane. Socks. Am I the only woman out here who's husband is not capable of taking his socks off properly? It's like he is psychically unable to remove them in a normal fashion and instead takes 20 minutes to roll them into a little ball.  Said balled sock, takes me an extra 20 seconds to first play seek and find in the hamper to ensure I have retrieved all of them; second carefully untangle the over-the-top mangled ball of colorful cotton combination slathering my hands in your previous weeks foot sweat - which inevitably makes me gag 10 times over; and third kindly place back in the pile containing the other 100 socks and 50 pairs of boxer briefs you managed to dirty in a mere 5 days. (the number of grammatical errors above is enough to make the socks unravel themselves, but I'm all worked up ... so I will not apologize) Let's ask one more question: Katie, why does it matter how he takes his socks off? Just put them in the washer all balled up and then deal with it later. Uhm, how bout NO SCOTT (Austin Powers anyone?). If you do this little number, THEN when you go to wash them, they remain damp, and almost still wet if I'm being honest. And THENNNNN they smell like mildew, and they are never clean. It's a vicious cycle. Whew. Okay, I digress ... until laundry day rolls around next week.
Displaying photo.JPG

I confess ... There are so many things happening in my life right now I feel like I need an entire week to sit down and process. Some I can share, some I cannot, but good grief I'm hanging on tight as to not spin out of control! So many emotions, so little time, so much to comprehend. EEEEEK.

I confess ... Our little dude got his first haircut last night. Because of said mop chop, I feel personally victimized for my decision (I kid ... sort of). Hubs and I just took the approach, when our son started resembling Joe Dirt more so than his next of kin ... it was indeed time. It was really sad to see the baby curls go, but all in due time. He did pretty good, had a mild meltdown, but mostly okay. He is now sporting a much more savvy baby boy do and looks mighty dapper if you ask me! And he got a sucker and a balloon to make it all worthwhile! The Mohawk will not be the daily style, we were just being funny to make it official.
 Displaying IMG_6380.JPG
Displaying IMG_6383.JPG
Displaying IMG_6382.JPG
Displaying IMG_6388.JPG
Displaying IMG_6389.JPG
Displaying IMG_6392.JPG
Displaying IMG_6402.JPG
Displaying IMG_6401.JPG
Displaying IMG_6392.JPG

I confess ... I was a sucker at the Kid O Cuts and paid the extra moolah to get a commemorative first haircut certificate, baby curls included. (I blame it on my mommy hormones and baby curls).
Displaying photo.JPG

I confess ... In less than 3 weeks I am headed out on a much needed gals trip to celebrate our pretty bride to be - JENNI B! We're headed to DC to wreak havoc on the streets and giggle until our little hearts are content and I am Oh SO excited. Word on the street is an American theme is on the table. Oh lawd.

I confess ... I bought the cutest pair of jeans from the Gap (HOLLA for the 40% off right now) and it's making me so excited for fall and a new pair of camel toned boots. I'm not wishing away summer, but man oh man do I love fall.

I confess ... it is almost noon and that means it's basically the freakin weekend. YAHOOOO!

6 comments:

  1. Your laundry rant is pure gold! My husband NEVER participates in anything laundry related. In fact he still leaves his clothes balled up on the floor where he takes them off. ERRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh man! I at least have him trained so the clothes make their way to the hamper ... now if we can just get the socks unmangled. Sheesh!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, your laundry rant is literally my life haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's the sole person in their household that knows how to do laundry! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha right?!!? Because I don't care what ANYONE says, there most definitely is a wrong and right way to do laundry!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about the outlet malls, NICE!

    -AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES!! So excited. They are in Simpsonville. I never made it -- but I plan to go this week and will report back :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~