Monday, August 22, 2016

Mama + the Midwest ~ Part III

Good news, this is the last picture overload (from the vacation, not from life because we all know better than that) that I'll bombard you with. I"m here today with the final recap of our vacation with my mom to Chicago. If you haven't been following and want to catch up you can read Part I here and Part II here.

We woke up Thursday excited for another adventure, and headed to Navy Pier!
 The Ferris Wheel is always magical, no matter what age you are!
 GoGo was a nervous wreck, she hates heights. But Bennett kept her safe!
 And these gals were stoked!
 Such a pretty view!



 And once our feet were back on the ground we hit up the carousel.
 He was sad it was over.
 But quickly cheered up when he got to drive the boats.
And reallllyyyy cheered up when we headed inside to cool off and play in the Children's Museum.
 First stop, the Zoom Room - endless cars, endless tracks, ENDLESS fun.


 Then onto the Chicago Fire Department.

 With another stop at the building station, the water station, the trinket station, the digging for dinosaur station, the tiny station, the domino station, the camping station, ALL the stations. And a fun stop at tiny town.

 Lainey was getting restless, but Bennett was not anywhere close to being ready to leave.
 So he fished for a while.
 And I coaxed him out of the museum by bribing him with a hotdog.
 But when he realized we weren't going back, he walked with his head down the whole way back to the car. Bless his little heart. He had SO much fun.
 Both kids fell asleep in the car, so mom and I drove around the city and chatted about city life. Then we headed back to the hotel and got cleaned up for our final dinner. And look what little miss decided to do! Pulling up! Time to get ready!
 And another note on Lainey, this little one is already a shoe addict. Her daddy better be saving up to fund her shopping addiction, because if there are shoes in the room you better believe she will find them. She loves them.
 Once everyone was washed up we let momma choose our final dinner and she chose Dick's Last Resort. Always a hysterical adventure, and to hear my mother's laugh as frequently as I did never disappoints.

If you've never been to Dick's - the name is exactly what you'd imagine. It actually is terribly ironic that people pay to eat there. Because the food really isn't that good, and the whole theme of the restaurant is for the waiter to be rude to you. But it's funny and if you just get into the whole thing it's pretty fun. I ordered Bennett a special treat Sprite and our waitress brought it to him in this giant glass. She set it in front of him and said "don't spill it kid, I'm not cleaning it up" HA!
Lainey thought it was hysterical.
 We ordered some apps while we read everyone's dunce caps and laughed aloud.
 We were so busy laughing we were shocked when our's arrived! Bennett's "Today my mom taught me how to shoplift!" hahahahahaha. One point waitress.
 Mom's "Last time I got lucky, I yelled BINGO!" hahahaha two points waitress.
 Lainey's "Mommy's favorite mistake!" ohhh geese, three points waitress.
 Mine, "Instant cougar, just add liquor!" hmmm what?! Hold the phone - negative three points waitress! I am NOT NEARLY OLD ENOUGH TO BE A COUGAR!!!!!!
 BBooooooooo!
 Either way, we had a blast. Lots of laughs and too much fried food and apparently Lainey overate, again.
 We walked back to our hotel one last time and took in the views of the city. I snuggled with my favorite little dude and was so thankful for these memories with my mom and these kiddos.



 We woke up Friday, packed up our car and hit the road.

Until next time Chicago. Once again you stole my heart, and I promise to be back. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~