Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Back to School: Two Day Three's

The end of summer snuck up on us in the midst of the craziness that has been 2016 and little mister is headed back to school! He was so exited to put his backpack on and head to see all of his friends and meet his new teachers.
I had big plans to start a great routine of healthy breakfasts and yummy lunches, but since we were out of town over the weekend at my grandmother's funeral breakfast consisted of a piece of bread, a handful of blackberries and a bag of Cheez-its.  Plus, half of a cookie as a bribe to get him to stop crying (he fell off his stool and into the bath tub during his morning potty break) so he wouldn't have red blotchy eyes in his back to school photos. And lunch was a mix of stale pretzels, an apple I purchased at the store last night and a Fiber One bar. But hey, we accomplished first day of school pictures and made it to school on time. So, I'm chalking it up as a win!

I also chalked up his back to school board. You may remember this from last year's first day of school. This year's additions included what he wanted to be when he grows up ... today's answer: A Fireman!

 Little man :)




 And this year he added in his little sister to his first day!
 Gah. Melt my heart.
 I mean really, sometimes pictures make me stop and literally have to catch my breath. Please stay my babies forever. And ever and ever. And ever.

 He's off ... have a great day little man! So very proud of you and cheers to another great year!

 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~