Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Summer Should Get a Speeding Ticket

Is it really already the middle of June?! How in the world did this happen. I swear just yesterday I was wearing a hoodie and jeans to ward off the chilly spring temps ... and now I'm full on sweating, looking to next month and realizing Summer is already going wayyyy too fast!  We've been so busy, and that's making the long summer days seem short!

I pray we get to move in to the new house before summer draws to a close, because I really really want some memories of my kiddos at this age grilling out on the new back deck and swimming in out pool. And to be 100% honest, I really would just love my own TV and space, so when we are inside during the hottest part of the day I'm not required to listen to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for the 400th time. Is this renovation ever going to be over?!?! Good grief! I'm working on a house update post, but for now ... I'll leave you with this. EEEEEEKKKKS! Ch-Ch-Ch-changes!!
Other than house hooplah, we've had a bunch of distracting activities.

Like hitting up the splash park with our pals...
Sleeping in until way too late ... we blame it on summer.
Being adorable in our costume jewelry.
All. The. Time.
Having fun lunch dates.
Spending as much time visiting the ball park concession stand as possible, bring on all the lollies and snow cones please.
Having more lunch dates with this crazy fella.
Riding the fun animals at the mall, because how else would we get through a Tuesday afternoon?

Hitting up the movie theater for take out popcorn (this is a legitimate thing we do way too frequently) and screening Beauty and the Beast on Bubby's mattress in the living room.
Heading off to Summer Camp together.

Hitting up games to see our favorite soccer team play, Louisville City FC...


And playing and playing and playing with our buddies.
 Hubs and I had a date night with some pals to see Dave Chappelle at the Palace.
We had another adult night and spent an awesome evening by the water celebrating Wes's 30th at Captain's Quarters. The weather was the absolute best!

We wrapped spring tee-ball and little mister did AWESOME at his last game. Their little team has improved so much from the start of the season.

 He proudly accepted his trophy.


 And then (enthusiastically  begrudgingly) posed with everyone.

We had a graduation party for Uncle Max and an early send off before he makes his way to the west coast. These littles even adorned his graduation gear for a fun inclusion in an awesome movie my mom and his buddy, Grant, made for the party.

He's getting ready to begin filming a film he's planning to submit to festivals this fall, Plastic Funerals, and mom did a great job incorporating all of those fun details into the party, but I failed to get any great pics.
It was a great night being surrounded by so many people who love him.



We've spent soooo much time in the pool, our little water babies LOVE to swim.
And we're soaking up our last month in the little house behind the grandparents. Even though we are ready to be in the new house, we sure are going to miss having PaPaw and GoGo in our front yard.
We've still got LOTS of summer ahead of us and if it's anything like what's already behind us we couldn't be more excited!
 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~