Monday, December 17, 2012

Recipe Monday: Ooey Gooey S'mores Cookies

Well hey there!! Remember me?  You know... the girl who set out a couple of months a go to build a blogging empire and then abandoned her entire site for nearly over a month!? Now that is dedication.

Ahhh!  Well gang .. all i can tell you is, i promise there is a reason.  Well, several reasons.  All of which i plan to fully update you on - IN DETAIL - in due time :) You have my word.

You also have my word, i will never abandon you for this long ever again (or at least i don't plan to!)

So - in honor of recipe Monday, I will give you a DELICIOUS recipe to try out for your holiday baking this year.  My mom and I entered this into our 4th Annual Mother Daughter Cookie Exchange this year, and although we walked away with no awards (booo.) we did walk away with SEVERAL compliments, and a guest who wanted our recipe to make for her next entry at her cookie exchange the following weekend.
(that was the moment in which i was able to high-five myself saying, "yea your cookies were overshadowed this year, you still did great"...*sigh*)

Here's the signature group photo ...


...don't mind Laura in the front row (yes...) in a sheep costume, or Carey in the back dressed as the Virgin Mary...there's more to come on that in the actual Cookie Exchange post..all i can tell you is THEME is important and although not mandatory holiday attire is encouraged :)

Ooey Gooey S'mores Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/3 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
  • 1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray (we used a Silpat instead).
  • Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
  • Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together.
  • Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.
  • Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
  • Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
  • Makes 2 dozen cookies.
 

I wish i could take credit thinking of these adorable little treats, but i found the recipe on this adorable blog: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/gooey-smores-cookies.html  The woman is a GENIUS i tell you. 

The addition of the ground up graham crackers adds so much flavor to an otherwise somewhat ordinary cookie you won't believe your taste buds. And she is ON POINT with the over sized chocolate chips and baby marshmallows (take her word for getting them at Target - I looked elsewhere and came up empty handed - walked into target and voila! - ADORBS!)

The only addition we made was adding some swirled melted vanilla baking chocolate (colored red and green) over top to add a little Christmas flare.

I'm working on my post to let you know how everything went at the cookie party - but for now I will leave you with your recipe. So fire up those ovens, bake some deliciousness and share some yummy holiday spirit!

8 comments:

  1. The Lіeutenant swоre than in memоry of the blended drіnκ, it woulԁ
    for gοod be acknowledged in the military as
    a 'cock's tail'. This have often been a preferred action in my residence. Fabric markers have even been implemented and can be beneficial to contact-up the regions on the footwear in which the colour did not just take (the seams most definitely).

    my site the Old Stone oven Company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very soon this web site will be famous among
    all blogging users, due to it's good articles

    My site ... Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I just wanted to see if you ever have had any trouble with hackers?
    My last blogspot blog at http://bluedaisybugg.blogspot.
    com/ was hacked and I wound up losing three weeks of hard work due to no backup.
    Do you have any solutions to stop
    Hi, my name is Ahmad Barajas and I'm a student going to school North Carolina State University, and I found this website very useful. I am going to have to come by again when my course load lets up. But still, I am selecting your Rss feed so i can browse your website offline. Regards. I have got to ask though, but where did you get your blog format: did you find it somewhere or did you prepare it yourself? A look similar to yours with a handful of basic alterations would truly make my blog stand out. Feel free to tell me where you found your style.

    Feel free to visit my page - álgebra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across this blog on http://bluedaisybugg.

    blogspot.com/ and if I could I want to point out to you some interesting things
    or ideas. Perhaps you can write your next articles relating to
    these ideas. I want to read more things about what you're talking about.

    My weblog - wire work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work with stuff like this out here in Cholet, France. Actually doing what you like and writing
    about it in such a smart way is a great gift. Your writing is informative, illuminating,
    and passion-driven, all of which I profoundly appreciate when dealing with
    this topic.

    Feel free to surf to my web site; http://intcollege.org/index.php?do=/blog/18526/explanation-why-most-people-are-expounding-on-pure-green-coffee-bean-extrac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, after browsing http://bluedaisybugg.blogspot.com/ for some time, I found
    a site from where I was able to genuinely acquire valuable answers regarding the studies and the knowledge that I want.
    There need to be more things like this on Serendipity

    Take a look at my page Pixellate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I encountered this site through http://bluedaisybugg.

    blogspot.com/ and if I could I want to suggest to you some interesting things or ideas.
    Maybe you could write your next articles pointing to these ideas.
    I would like to read more stuff about what you're talking about.

    Also visit my homepage :: 17447

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the article you write.
    The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe.
    At all times go after your heart.

    Here is my site - Mannheim Kindergeburtstag

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~