Monday, November 19, 2012

Recipe Monday: Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

Just another Manic Mondayyyyyy. I wish it was Sundayyyyy.  Cause that's my fundayyyyy. My i don't have to run dayyyyy.  But it's just another FRIENDSgiving Mondayyyy. So I'm thinking that's okayyyyyy.  Because I'm gonna stuff my face todayyyyyy. And I leave for New York on Wednesdayyyyy!

Alright - enough of trying to write my own lyrics (I'm just so daggone excited!), let's talk about the goods. The extra cheesy, carb-o-licious, melts in your mouth, buttery goodness of this crock pot mac and cheese recipe goods that is just what the gal goddesses ordered for our Annual FRIENDSgiving.

*Crock Pot Mac and Cheese*


Ingredients:
 (This recipe makes about 6 servings, i always double it)
  • 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
    • you can use just about any cheese you like, i always use a mix of whatever i have in the fridge, but you should have SOME cheddar in there :)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
    • I've made it with both regular and reduced fat, i can't seem to tell any difference. so if you're looking to save some cals, feel free!
  • 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
    • here's another I've made it with whole and skim, can't tell a difference - so more room to save!
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions:
  1. Boil the macaroni in water for about 6-7 minutes
    • (this is the only part that cheats, you don't actually cook the macaroni in the crock pot, so you actually get 2 dishes dirty, BUMMER! ... but i always practice the "if it's just boiled noodles the pot's clean" approach, so it ain't too bad!...Shhhhh. that's our little secret)
  2. Combine all ingredients in crock pot including cooked macaroni
  3. Cook on low for 2-4 hours stirring occasionally
    1. Cheese tends to brown near sides
  4. Serve.
    1. Voila! Cheesy, buttery, melty goodness.  ALWAYS a crowd favorite. Although I've never met a mac and cheese i didn't like :)

4 comments:

  1. This sounds SO tasty! Thanks for sharing, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good crock pot recipe, thanks for sharing :)

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    Why not check out my Christmas Yankee Candle giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hі there colleagues, how iѕ eνerything, and what you wаnt to
    say conсerning this аrticlе, іn my view itѕ actually remaгkаble in favor of mе.


    Chеck out my ωeb ѕite: Daniel Chavez Moran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this! It was delicious! I did however make it without the cheddar soup (mainly because I didn't have that already in my home) But still SO GOOD!!! For sure making this again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~