Today's the day every girl (both big and small) is reminded of their first love, their Daddy.
For me, my dad is more than just my first love. He's THE MAN.
* The king of homemade BBQ sauce.
* The inventor or late night secret beach walks on spring break.
* The man with the best ice cream options (one scoop chocolate, one scoop vanilla).
* The BOSS. (like for reals)
* The absolute best story teller I've ever met.
* A good ole' boy.
* A man of many accents.
* The source of my stubbornness ;0)
* A serious softy (more than he'd ever admit).
* The best head of a household my family could ever ask for.
* A realist and a dreamer who preaches the value of self discipline and reliance.
* An real life entrepreneur.
* A fisherman.
* A Natural born leader and great role model.
* THE party - and a fellow beer lover.
* The only person I know who actually EATS Vienna sausages, and likes them.
* The first coach I ever had, who set my standards way to high,
* The man who taught me the importance of enjoying a GOOD breakfast & a GREASY cheeseburger.
* Someone who has a serious way with words.
* And most importantly: my daddy. My rock. My advice bank. My harsh reality when I need it. And my occasional partner in crime.
Dad, you deserve so much more than we are able to give. And I simply cannot wait to see you become a Papaw in a few days. Seeing you and little BB together makes my heart smile, and he is so lucky to have such a strong man to look up to and guide him in a way only grandfather's can.
I love you dad.