Tuesday, October 28, 2014

2nd Annual - Chili Cook Off

I must start this post by saying HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday to my B-E-A-U-TIFUL Momma!!  I hope your day is filled with endless bowls of candy corn and a glasses of Santa Margherita wine:) to wash it all down!  I love you to the moon and back. Last night we celebrated a little and went to see Gone Girl on a mommy daughter date night - FINALLY. (soo good BTW).
Anywhoodles, you may remember from last year, we celebrated my momma's birthday with our First Annual Family Chili Cook Off. (If not, catch that post here).  Two weekends ago we celebrated Chili Cook Off number two and ended it with a bang (pun intended), both in chili spice and a little skeet shooting.  Unfortunately we didn't win, and the Brazilians came away with a repeat victory. Bahh-humbug.

However, I thought our chili was good - and we did receive 3 votes for best overall. Sooo … it's not a total loss.  This year - our family entered the contest with a chili recipe from "The Bru Crew Life" - Sweet and Spicy Dr. Pepper Chili.

Here's some photos from this year's cook-off.
Baby Bro was hungry :) … and isn't Momma's table fab!?






Here's to hoping next year we can break the cycle and get a new winner! :)
 photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

1 comment:

  1. SO fun!! Looks yummy. And I still haven't seen Gone Girl, hopefully I can catch it before it is out of theaters!

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~