Friday, October 24, 2014

Five on Friday

I have so much catching up to do in blogland. This fall has been crazy busy busy busy and any downtime I have I'm either heading straight to the DVR (seriously OBSESSED with Nashville, Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder) after little man is asleep or packing in another fall activity because this weather has been divine. But things like our family chili cook-off, B-man's first pumpkin carving, etc NEED to be documented, so I better get my act together and get on the ball.

In the meantime, we'll play a little Five on Friday and link up with these fancy ladies on this fabulous fall Friday (how's that from some alliteration?!).

One: The Wedge Booties.

I posted about my love for them here. I really wanted the tan suede, but after a serious discussion with myself I realized I have an overdose of that tan color in my closet and needed to go the cognac route. They should arrive this weekend, Hopefully I love them as much in person as I do online.

Two: Baby Backpacks.

The familia and I are headed on a looooong journey to the other side of the world for our first ever trip to Australia and I am in crazy planning mode. Mister Bennett has decided he hates all things sitting (car seat, stroller, etc) and Little Mister INSISTS on doing everything himself .... but also is a toddler and his little legs can only last so long. Not to mention we're doing real Aussie things like the outback, so thinking I'm going to let him meander through uncharted territory with puppy-sized spiders just ain't gonna happen. So, I've been researching like crazy and it seems the baby back-pack carrier is the route to take. These are my front runners, but geeZZZe OH Pete they are expensive. Will we ever use this stupid thing again?  Will we look like complete dorks? Actually, don't answer that. I know the answer, and frankly I don't care. I just want to be able to let everyone ENJOY every ounce of this once in a lifetime vacation and if I can purchase something that helps, by all means I probably will.
Deuter - Kid Comfort 3

Osprey Poco Plus Child Carrier

Kelty Pathfinder 3.0 Child Carrier

Three: Short Hair.

I have DYING to chop my hair off. It has been the same for what feels like forever and although I know I would hate it in less than three weeks after doing it, it still consumes my every hair thought.  There are mixed feelings about the inverted bob, I get it. But, I LOVE it. Side note: I'm not going to do any of these (at least until summer), buuuut here is some of my hairspiration if I were to do it.






Four: The North Face Psuedio Jacket .

My girly pals got me this beauty for my birthday and it was finally chilly enough last night (and I was outside long enough) to wear it. Holy Love. The side neck button, the fuzzy inside, the awesome blackish grey color, the tunic like style fit, all of it. LOVE it.  Thanks girls, it exceeded all of my expectations.

Five: Fall Pictures.

We've never had professional fall family photos - or Christmas card photos taken, but I'm starting to think maybe we should now that we have a little one in the picture?  We got some great shots on the beach this summer and of course had some of him when he was first born and on his first bday and we added in a little smash cake session.  But I'm thinking with all these cute scarves, booties, pretty leaves and plaid phenomena we should jump on the band wagon. And if so, I'd probably put Little Mister in something like this ...
Fall Infant Boy Browns
TGIF!  Happy weekend ya'll!
    photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that jacket! happy weekend :)

    Justine
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is AH-mazing. Almost makes the cold month approaching not seem too bad :)

      Delete
  2. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information. Baby Back Pack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel Agency In India Book Affordable Tour And Travel Agency In Delhi At Lowest Price. Tour Operators in India

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~