Friday, February 6, 2015

Confessional Friday: Cozy, Cutesy, Change and Target

It's been a big week around here folks. A big week in the sense that our daily routine consists of Googling how in the world we get to Target, taking drives to see what homes are sale, becoming an official Nashville Mommy complete with some big changes (hehe, see below) and trying out all the nearest restaurants to find a favorite. Big week I tell ya :)  So let's get right down to it!
Time for a little Confessional Friday Action. 
I confess ... I haven't really moved THAT far away, but for some reason I'm craving sweet tea like it's the first time I've ever been to a restaurant that actually serves it. When in reality, I've always lived far enough past the southern line where sweet and unsweetened tea is most ALWAYS an option. Nevertheless, I was craving it so bad the other night I went ahead and made myself some. 
I followed this recipe: 
    1. Boil four cups water
    2. Once water begins to boil, remove from heat. Add 6 single serving Lipton Tea Bags. Cover and let step 10-15 minutes.
      • Note: If you want or need decaf tea, you can buy decaf tea bags or simply decaffeinate regular tea. To accomplish this, boil two pots of water. Steep the tea bags for less than a minute in the first pot of water. Remove the bags and discard the water. Steep the tea bags in the second pot of water as normal. The result is 90-95% caffeine free tea. Cool huh?!
    3. While the tea is brewing, make a batch of simple syrup. Dissolve one or more cups of sugar in three cups of hot tap water for a gallon of sweet tea (one is plenty sweet for me, but if you like it sweeter, add that sugar baby). Stir until the water is clear. Pre-dissolving prevents that glob of sugar from settling in the bottom of your pitcher. Whoever gets the last glass will greatly appreciate you for this added step.
    4. Once the tea steeps long enough to reach your desired strength, pour it and your simple syrup into a pitcher. Stir the tea and syrup gently, adding enough water to make a full gallon. Taste test for sweetness and add more sugar, if needed. Cover and let stand until the tea reaches room temperature. 
      • While it's tempting ... don’t just add ice and throw it in the fridge, this can make for cloudy tea that sours quickly. 
    5. ENJOY!
I confess ... That my child is also jumping on the band wagon and sneaking some for himself. Although he refers to it as "teet". And only gets a few sips because Lord knows that child does NOT need additional sugar or caffeine in his diet! HA!

Cozy Cutesty
Cozy Momma: Tunic | Sleep Tee | Pajama Pant | Pajama Legging
Cozy Home: Coral Blanket | Sweater Knit Blanket
Cutesy Toddler: Mickey Sneakers | Toddler Hoodie
Cutesy Accents: Accent Pillow | Dachshund Bookend | & Accent Pillow

I confess ... My obsession for Gilligan & O'malley started post pregnancy when I randomly purchased a pair of their jersey knit lounge pants. While perusing the aisles of Target yesterday, I stumbled upon some other fabulous goodies that I want NEED in my wardrobe. I may have found some other phenomonal items I also wanted to share. Ahem, the Mickey Mouse shoes - STOP. That little toddler jacket for your mini! SHEW!  The dachshund book ends!  The quilted soft blanket. You win again Target. You win AGAIN.

I confess ... Some BIIIGGG changes took place this week. I took the plunge and changed both my preset radio stations annnnnd my car's clock. This is a big deal people. I made a funny little noise when I finally pulled the trigger. Sigh, why am I so dramatic?! 

I confess ... Those pictures make me realize how desperately I need to get my car detailed. Sorry you had to witness that. 

I confess ... I'm so glad I'm finally getting around to recap ya'll on the Australia trip. It's a big weight lifted. Hehe.
I confess ... I'm still torn on what sweet treat baby B and I will be making next week. Right now I'm thinking the wafers or the rice krispy treats for no reason other than ease. That's a valid enough reason right?

I confess ... My stomach is still in knots from last night's Scandal episode. Our girl Shonda is doing an EXCELLENT job with this season, I can't get enough!  

Alright kids, I'm signing off until Monday. We've got a fun weekend planned for our first official weekend as a family living in Nashville (since Shane left us for the Super Bowl last weekend, hmph). Plus, the weather is supposed to be SUPERB and we've got some visitors coming Sunday, so color me excited!

Hope you lovelies have a great weekend as well!  Until then, #SAVEOLIVIA (Scandal shout out for those of you that aren't watching). Toodles!
photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Found you through Leslie's blog and I, too, love all things Target! Like all things! Everything! It's an obsession I think :) And couldn't agree with you more on Scandal--I was on pins and needles last night #SAVEOLIVIA. Enjoyed reading through your blog! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUCH AN OBSESSION!! (insert Monkeyy covering eyes emoji here) :) hehehehe

      Delete
  2. I love everything from Target :) The pjs are amazing!! Hope you love Nashville I love visiting there!!
    Happy Friday just found your blog love it!
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea! Love that little ABC game :) I may have to play and link up!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~