Friday, September 2, 2016

Confessional Friday

No intro today, just straight into confessions. I've got some things to get off my chest.

I confess ... Guys, I'm just gonna put it out there. It's been a tough year. A really frustrating, seemingly long strand of bad news month after month and to be frank - I'M OVER IT! I'm a rainbows and butterflies kinda gal. In the sense that I usually flutter through life with very little anxiety. And this year well ... no so much. I'm working damn hard to get back to the rainbows and butterfly mentality. I feel like this year I've been constantly on the edge of my seat waiting for the apocryphal other shoe to fall. And in 17 days I turn thirty; and once I turn thirty it's a new year in some books - so I'm just going to assume all the shoes have fallen and go back to rainbows and butterflies. Consider yourself warned. Smiles and exclamation points all day. (throwback from my birthday last year when I was thinking of all things happy. Rainbows and butterflies.)

I confess ... Uhhm about the above I'm all butterfly comment. I actually am not because confession #2 - I HATE butterflies. Like legit do not like them. Real ones are pretty and I can totally admire their transformation and beauty - but butterfly decor? FOGEDDABOUTIT! Like I dislike them almost enough that Ree Drummond's obsession with them and her accent in using them in her cookware line is almost enough to make me think we couldn't be friends. But who am I kidding. I love EVERY single solitary thing about her, other than butterflies - so we're still friends Ree. And you'll always be my jam, don't you worry.

I confess ... Shane and I drink coffee every morning. We've long been BIG fans of simple Folgers Classic Roast + Coffee Mate Italian Sweet Cream. However, I've been trying to cut out sugar (cancer and health and things) so I've been playing with different natural creamers and less "sweet" flavor. And it's got me bored with our normal coffee. Shane reads these posts and his mouth is probably hanging wide open right now thinking DON'T MESS WITH MY COFFEE WOMAN! But, I'm more thinking I want to be able to have more options vs. just a one pot shot every morning. Insert Nespresso or Keurig. Something where I could do some flavored coffees and if I don't like them I'm not committed to a whole pot type deal. I'm still toying with the idea and would love some suggestions. But that's what I'm thinking. (sidetone: photo is from this winter and it's hot chocolate, not coffee. Lord help me if this child were to drink coffee)

I confess ... Bennett headed back to school this week and they sent home a sweet little kisses and tissue goodie bag with the sweetest note. Long and short, it was reminders to pray instead of worry. One of my favorites: "As the day goes on and you wonder what they're doing, PRAY! Ask your heavily Father to protect them. Psalm 91:14 ~ The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name." It has since replaced my Exodus 14:14 verse that has been hanging in my kitchen since the diagnosis. The entire note warmed my heart, but this one hit home. Am I the only mom that legitimately wishes you could be a fly on the wall ALL OF THE TIME while you're children are at school? Not because I can't be separate from them, but because I love seeing them in their element. I'd love to know the interactions they're having. Just a day in the life. Le' sigh. Motherhood ain't for the faint of heart.

I confess ... when Mom and I were in Chicago a few weeks back I purchased a new pair of sneaks. They are so comfy and dare I say one of the most favorite pair of tennis shoes I have ever owned. I know, bold statement. But I really really like them - if you're in the market for a new pair I'd recommend giving them a shot.

I confess ... I just can't love the Instagram story thing. I love Snapchat, and use it often. But I am way more selective on Snapchat than I am Instagram - so I'm annoyed at some of the stories I am susceptible to on IG vs the people I choose to follow on Snap. Why does the world constantly need to mess with good things? Remember when you had to have a real life college.edu email address to have a Facebook account? Those were the days ...

I confess ... Lainey's hair is headed to that dreaded mullet baby phase. While I didn't mind it so much with Bennett because I would soon chop it off, I realize I'm forced to deal with little misses for much longer. I'm a bit "stuck" with what in the world to do with it. Any pointers from seasoned mamas? I feel like it's constantly greasy because it's so fine. And on days when it doesn't curl it basically just looks like a ratty mess. And keeping a bow or something of the like in her hair is close to pointless. Consider me stumped.

I confess ... my gift list for weddings, showers and such is embarrassing. I'd made it literally MONTHS ago and found it the other day and almost died. If I owe you a gift, you can rest assured I have not forgotten. I just don't actually know when you will receive it. Sorry.

I confess ... because of this less sugar thing, I haven't baked in a long time. I need to get back to that. It's always gotten my creative juices flowing and I really love it. I think I'm due for a batch of cinnamon rolls soon. Those are always a fun day. I think I'll wrap with that. Because cinnamon rolls are basically the epitome of rainbows and butterflies. :)

Happy Labor Day weekend gang!


 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

1 comment:

  1. ahah oh the mullet- my toddler has one too and were STILL waiting for it to grow out ;) happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~