Friday, February 8, 2013

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I sit down to blog today with a heavy, but encouraged heart. This week has been a crazy one. And an ever reminder of just how precious life is, how little control we actually have, and how insignificant some things are.  But also a good reminder of the blessings in my life.  Everything is fine, it's just been one of those weeks that throw you some rocks ... and then some knocks ... you know what I'm sayin?!

  In high school one of my teachers had us read 2 books:

Tuesdays with Morrie


and

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff



Both were extremely easy reads. And, it wasn't until this week that I have actually gone back through my head to remind myself of the lessons they taught, and the founding messages the books share.  More than anything, providing encouragement that EVERYTHING will be OKAY!  If any of you readers today need a little pick me up, head on over to Amazon or your nearest book store and grab a copy.  You'll be glad you did.

Lastly, I hold on to words and memories of two of the greatest men I have ever known: My Dad and His Dad :) and know that their strength lives in me, and because of that, I'm the strongest their is!  These boys melt my heart, ya'll.  They're both insanely head strong and because we're all made from the same family mold, you can bet I match them with that trait, head to head.

But I let encouraging words and advice from my dad today ring in my head:

  • You can't get too high and you can't get too low
  • We have faith, and I firmly believe your attitude and positive outlook plays a role in the outcome of this, so stay positive
  • No matter what happens, you're surrounded by love and support and we are with you all the way
I also look up, and know that my PaPaw is looking down.  


He's in good company up there and I know he's put in a good word with the big man :)  So, as I said, I walk with an encouraged heart and know that everything will be okay.  

In the words of a sweet card my friend Quinn gave me: "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a butterfly!"

Have a good weekend love bugs and SMILE!

3 comments:

  1. Love this. Just what we all need to hear time to time. Been thinking about you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself. Good post, lady.

    Hubs

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~