Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's a ........ GENDER REVEAL!

Goodmorning, from your friendly neighborhood, over the moon excited little Mama!!  Whew ~ you know the saying "how long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on?" ~ Well from take it from me, the same is true for how long a couple of months is when waiting to find out the sex of your baby!


Shane and I couldn't decide which side of the fence we wanted to be a part of: 
  • Do you find out the sex so you can plan, buy appropriate clothing, decide on only one name, etc (which let's be real - it's our first baby, my OCD planning is out of control, and the unknown is not a comfort to me - so I don't know why we even considered the idea or entertained it at all) 
... or ...
  • Do you remain team green and go the gender neutral route for the duration of the pregnancy, so you have the exciting OMG IT'S A BOYYYYY or OMG IT'S A GIRRRRRLLLL?!?!
Well, again, I refer to my previous statement.  This is our first baby, our first go round with the whole pregnancy thing, SO many unknowns and so many questions.  Therefore, if we can be certain of one thing - let's at least know what it is, a boy or a girl.  Now, in saying that, I do think it would be fun to wait and find out with one of the later kiddos, but for the first - the decision seemed pretty clear.

But then came the dreaded wait. The constant reminder that you did not know as you comb through the aisles at the store and so desperately want to purchase that little pair of top siders or perhaps that ADORABLE pink polka dotted bow. But having to restrain yourself, and furthermore putting restrictions on your shopping patterns to no longer be teased by the adorable mini outfits. Pink or Blue ... Purple or Red ... AHHH! Enough to make a momma crazy I tell ya!


So, now it was all up to Baby U to give us a good show and reveal the best kept secret of all.  And you better believe this child did just that!  I'm talkin' spread eagle, absolutely no modesty or a shadow of a doubt that Baby U is indeed a 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
BOY!!!!!!!!!!

We are over the moon excited and truth be told, I was concerned I was going to have to restrain Shane from trying to chest bump the nurse.  But I guess now that we know it's time to start narrowing in on nursery ideas and stocking up on blue booties!  Our doctor told us to go out and buy something blue to celebrate -- any excuse to baby shop?! I'll take IT!!

So we bought the most make my heart melt adorable, yet MASCULINE, onesie one can find at Buy Buy Baby ... and made sure get it BLUE because blue looks good on everyone right?! (hehe...Go CATS!)




Holy Bageeeze.  We can't wait to meet out little man <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~