Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lovey Dovey - Oh So Yummy!

Happy Valentine's Day my loves!  I found this adorable little recipe and wanted to share it with you all.  It is obviously a Valentine's Day Theme, but this could EASILY be versioned to any occasion with a change out of the ole' cookie cutter.

Petit Fours sound so fancy, and they are oh so delicious.  (My sweet friend Quinn brought me some last week from Fresh Market and Hubs and I smashed the entire box in 2 days! Whew.)  And seeing as to how easy these cute little morsels are to make ... I couldn't help but squeal with excitement in knowing I can now make these perfectly sized, delectable little cakes for all future occasions. Oh the endless possibilities :0)

I have yet to try and make them myself ... but you better believe they are on our dessert menu for the sappy hallmark holiday evening! Ohhhhh baby. Mini cakes that are both tasty and adorable.  Is there anything better?

Since I love all of you and it's the day of hearts, I won't make you wait any longer. To see the original post check out the Purple Chocolat Home.  Here are some photos and brief instructions according to their site:

What You'll Need:
  • 1-2 packages of Sara Lee Pound Cake (freezer section)
  • Betty Crocker ready made frosting (or your own favorite frosting recipe)
  • Fancy, fun and cute decorations to add some extra flare!
Directions:
  • Slice pound cake into thin layers
  • Frost one side with desired frosting 
  • Sandwich together
  • Using small cookie cutter - cut into fancy shapes
  • Put cut shapes on cooling rack with wax paper underneath
  • Heat icing in microwave, 15-20 seconds until soft
  • Spoon icing over cut cakes covering well
  • Let icing harden - VOILA - perfectly, adorable scrumptious morsels!






Enjoy your sappy love day my dears. Kisses, Smooches, and Besos galore! Muah.

1 comment:

  1. Certain it had been an excellent weekend break!, I am pleased for you personally!, your own ensemble is actually georgeous!

    http://www.mmo18.com/cheap-FIFA-15-coins.html
    lol欧服代练
    lol elo boosting

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~