Monday, November 3, 2014

Photography Dreams

Being a photographer seems like it would be so cool. I've dreamt about it for a long time, but have never made any strides towards actually doing it. Well, aside from getting a nice camera and that college class I took in photography way back when (those were when my dreams seemed more attainable). I just think about it and imagine, you get to share a small snippet into your clients lives and then gift with them magical photos they will forever cherish. It's usually documentation of happy times. I can't think of anything that would be bad about that?

But then I really really think about it and oh wait, yes I can. How about actually getting a good picture? Remembering not everyone is photogenic. How about trying to get kids to smile?  How about showing up and your clients are wearing something you would never want to photograph, but you're required to turn that into a dream?!  And the editing, ohhhh the editing. I do a lot of Adobe Illustrator for work, and occasionally play around with Photoshop and although once I get it right I am so proud; getting there is a battle. A long battle. And in photography now-a-days I feel like 50% of your job is taking pictures and the other 50% is editing … if not even more editing than that. Maybe if I actually knew what I was doing it would be easier, but that is an extreme deterant for me.

For fun, I took bennett to the park the other day to try and snag some cute fall photos. Bottom line, I took about 45 pictures and got about two that I actually like. And then, for fun again, I had the idea to play with them in Photoshop. Ha. It took all of the fun out of it. Perhaps if I really want to take this seriously I should invest in Adobe Lightroom and that may make things a bit easier. Oh well....

So, I landed on some easy iPhoto filters and called it a day. Here are some of my favorites.




Signing off, and daydreaming about one day making those dreams a reality … maybe. Minus the editing :)
 photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~