Friday, November 7, 2014

November's Five on Friday

One: Cookies. Stars. And my toddler.

Cookies or "CoCo" is a hot hot hot item at my house right now. Bennett is OBSESSED with any and all things "cookie". Lucky for me, in toddler world a cookie to him is anything that comes from the magical place we all know and love aka the pantry. My child will stand and repeat over and over and over and overrr "CoCo" until the adult in charge opens the magical doors and gives the poor child a snack.

But in all seriousness, I wanted to share the real "cookie" he's asking for. I am able to skirt him with healthier options that reside in the pantry some of the time, but here's the sweet nectar he's really after: Trader Joe's Yogurt Stars Vanilla Crisp Cookies.  Holy woah, they're so good they make you starry-eyed :). But really though. They're sweet and fruity, and you can eat 8 cookies for only 150 calories, and the sugar content is relatively low compared to other cookies on the market (AMEN for toddler-hood). I wanted to pass along this fabulous treat to any mommas out there looking for a new fun snack for your kiddos (here's a cute post I found where they're used them in a TJ cake)!




Two: New York City Circus

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and its a NYC year!! Since I've been a little kid, my fam and I head to NYC every other year to celebrate Turkey Day. We don't have any family there, it's just a tradition my parents started ages ago and we've kept going ever since. The trip has evolved over the years and our experiences are always different, but this year will be my first year as a parent!!  Just a mere two years ago when we headed up north I told my brothers we were expecting on the plane ride, and this year Baby B will be tagging along!

I think I'm most excited because when I was a kiddo we used to see the Big Apple Circus every year. But, obviously we grew out of that and our interests took us on new adventures. But this year, with a little one in tow, hubs and I are skipping out on the Broadway performance (which 100% transparency really sucks because it's Cabaret and Emma Stone is making her Broadway debut, FAIL) ... but we'll get to see our little guys eyes light up at the Circus! Hehe!

Three: Layering. 

Natasha talked about it today, and I'm obsessed with how simple this look is. Not to mention who doesn't have almost every single one of these similar pieces in their closet. I plan to try it out. I'll report back and let you know how much I failed (because every time I try to replicate an online look it seems atrocious on me).


Four: Books.

I recently posted how Momma and I saw Gone Girl, after we both devoured the book. Now, I'm onto needing a new read. I've got a few trips coming up and that means travel time and lay low time (well it used to, circa pre-baby vacations), but I still plan to try to get a little downtime and I'm looking for a good book. I was indulging in this list and think I may choose one of these bad boys. Any other recommendations I should know about?



Five: Nashville. 

I guess it's time to spill the beans. Family knows, friends now know and today I'm telling you. The hubs has an opportunity to jump start an emerging market in Nashville, TN and we're taking the plunge and moving to good ole' rocky top.  Yeaaaa .... I'm still trying to let that sink in too. Maybe I'll finally wrap my head around that this weekend. Hopefully I'll share more details soon.


Signing off, as a soon to be Nashville Mommy - WOAH :)
 photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow! So exciting that you're moving to Nashville! I've only been once, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that city. I adore your family's tradition of going to NYC every other year for Thanksgiving...such a unique tradition and so FUN! Oh, and I, too, always fail when trying to recreate an online outfit/look. Excited to see how this one turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet words Leslie, it's been a crazy whirlwind but we're aiming to take it in stride. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  2. Those yogurt stars look amazing! Congrats on your move. I am a Mississippi girl and the south isn't ALL bad. Nashville is awesome!! Good luck to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yogurt stars, you simply can't go wrong. I don't think we can go wrong with Nashville either ... but the whole moving process I could probably live without :)

      Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  3. Feel free to stop by my little space if you get a moment as well. http://secondchances-ash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about replicating an online look. I try and it just doesn't look the same on me - ha! That is scary about moving to TN, but super exciting all at the same time. Good luck with the moving process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Like why can I never make it work ... I put forth so much effort to no avail :(

      Thank you so much for your thoughts!

      Delete
  5. Um...not what I expected to read as your #5...BUT super exciting! Nashville is the perfect mix of big city/hometown feel! And it's not too far from home! Good luck to you and that cute little family of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!?! I still can't really wrap my head around it. There are good days and bad days and everything in between. Moving with the little mister and taking him away from everything he's ever known is the hardest part :( Thank you so much for thinking of us!

      Delete
  6. What an exciting roundup...trip to NY, move to Nashville, and yummy cookies! I hope you're enjoying a restful Sunday evening, Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you so much for the kind words!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~