Monday, November 10, 2014

Bookworm Blogger

So, I've posted about my love for the book, Gone Girl, and seeing the movie with my momma.  And last Friday,  I chatted about my need for a new book and my indulgence in the 12 Books for People Who Loved Gone Girl List. After spending way too much time dissecting every detail of the list, I made a decision and landed on a series that would occupy a good chunk of my time (because I don't have enough going on with picking up my entire life and moving to another state ... clearly I'm delusional). 

I think I just need a way to relax and escape from all of the craziness that is reality ... and reading seems to do that for me ... so I'm going to try and make time for it. I really wanted to get into something and not be disappointed when the book was finished and I'd have to jump right back into the hunt again. So, I read review after review and landed on the Dublin Murder Squad Series by Tana French. Ekk! I'm so excited.
In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) 
The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) 
Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #3) 
Broken Harbour (Dublin Murder Squad, #4) 
The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5)

Thanks to my fancy Amazon Prime membership I've got books #1 and #2 in my hands (there are book #3, #4 and #5 after that) and I'm ready to settle in with a big ole' cup of joe and indulge in a good thriller. (Ahem, again ... this is clearly an imaginative world where I don't have to wrangle a toddler all day ... hehe). Anywhoodles, here's a little insight into the two books I have on hand that my mind will be consuming for the next little bit:

Book #1: In the Woods
As dusk approaches a small Dublin suburb in the summer of 1984, mothers begin to call their children home. But on this warm evening, three children do not return from the dark and silent woods. When the police arrive, they find only one of the children gripping a tree trunk in terror, wearing blood-filled sneakers, and unable to recall a single detail of the previous hours.
Twenty years later, the found boy, Rob Ryan, is a detective on the Dublin Murder Squad and keeps his past a secret. But when a twelve-year-old girl is found murdered in the same woods, he and Detective Cassie Maddox—his partner and closest friend—find themselves investigating a case chillingly similar to the previous unsolved mystery. Now, with only snippets of long-buried memories to guide him, Ryan has the chance to uncover both the mystery of the case before him and that of his own shadowy past.
Richly atmospheric, stunning in its complexity, and utterly convincing and surprising to the end, In the Woods is sure to enthrall fans of Mystic River and The Lovely Bones. And look for French's new mystery, Broken Harbor, for more of the Dublin Murder Squad.

Book #2: The Likeness
Tana French astonished critics and readers alike with her mesmerizing debut novel, In the Woods. Now both French and Detective Cassie Maddox return to unravel a case even more sinister and enigmatic than the first. Six months after the events of In the Woods, an urgent telephone call beckons Cassie to a grisly crime scene. The victim looks exactly like Cassie and carries ID identifying herself as Alexandra Madison, an alias Cassie once used. Suddenly, Cassie must discover not only who killed this girl, but, more importantly, who is this girl? A disturbing tale of shifting identities, The Likeness firmly establishes Tana French as an important voice in suspense fiction. And look for French's other mysteries In the Woods, Faithful Place, Broken Harbor, and The Secret Place for more of the Dublin Murder Squad.
I'll be sure to report back and give a full review once I've got some pages under my thumbs. In the meantime, if anyone is looking for a new book and wants to read the series with me and then have an awesome online book club party or something ... that sounds pretty sweet too.

Catch ya later ... love, your murder squad book worm blogger
 photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~