Monday, June 6, 2016

There was a time...

There was a time ... when I had so much free time I would come to this little space to simply tell you about all of the things I wanted (that link is a good example of what I'm talking about, ha). Things like jewelry, vacations, wine, etc. to name a few.  I would even embellish said posts with fancy polyvore picture boards and tons of links. I would write those posts while I was taking a lunch break at work and had some time to myself (after having all day to myself at work, ha! to think back on that now...).

Two weeks ago I had all the time in the world to sit and blog if I wanted to and yet the words simply wouldn't come. And the thought of making those little boards and finding things I wanted more than MORE time with my family, sounded nothing short of daunting and foolish. So instead I spent that time trying to determine what movie on Netflix was actually worth spending my 100th hour of TV watching, while hanging with my family, it was the best win/win I could justify since I couldn't move. Life's funny in that way.

However, today I'm here because I'm getting back at it y'all. Day by day. Everyday I'm getting stronger. Everyday I am getting back on my feet and putting more effort into doing the normal things that make me who I am and bring me and my family joy. Everyday I'm finding my time, and making my time. And one of those things I enjoy spending time on is this little space. I LOVE it. I don't even care if no one but me reads it. I love having a small little nook all of my own to decorate, embellish and share as much or as little as I want and I can always have it. It's me. Everything from my marriage, to my kiddos, to my style, to my food, to my struggles, and to the ridiculousness that is my life.

I have SO MUCH I want to share on this blog. So much to document for my own memories. Tons of pictures I'm bursting at the seams to upload. Designs that have been swirling in my mind for weeks. A little business that as taken such a backseat to everything. Projects I have been putting off. So much to catch up on and here's the ironic thing ... for two months I've played the patient card. And not patient in the sense of having patience, because we all know that ain't my thing. But the actual "patient" card. And the idea that things aren't constantly changing but remaining exactly the same is something I struggle with.  "The help me get this, help me do that, I need you to do this for me. Etc" all of those mindlessly easy tasks of asking someone else to do it, was crushing me. It's not who I am. I wasn't raised that way. It's legitimately not a part of my DNA.  And today that stops. I'm back.

There is A LOT ahead. This is far from over. I will still need help and I'm learning to get better at asking. But the bottom line is, it's time for me to get back to me. I've said it in a few posts before, but today I mean it. I mean it. I mean it. I mean it. I am devoting myself to make the time. And I'm saying it to all of you to help me remind me in case I start to fall off the wagon. I realize I need to still take it slow. I can't jump back in the water doing a cannon ball just yet, but I can get my toes wet and there is no reason to continue to sit in the lounge chair.
We spent the weekend in Hilton Head Island, SC with college friends for a little adult getaway, while one of our best friends got married and often we found ourselves saying, "there was a time when we could have done that" "there was a time we did that" "there was a time I was that kid over there"  Well guess what gang, wake up call. You still are that kid. I'm that kid too ... and I proved it to myself Friday night (*chuckles to self* woah, hey Katie circa 2006 glad to see you again). And you still can do that if you want to. 

So today, all that heaviness and deepness (sorry, blame the post-college friend nostalgia) to tell you I plan to do it. And that means I'm getting back in the blogging saddle too. No more "things are a little too hectic" or "there was a time I would have done that" because I want to do it. And by golly I'm going too. Is your blogger feed ready for this post overload that's headed your way in the next couple of weeks? Because Shane is home for a few days before heading out of town and this momma is handing over the reigns for a little bit and spending some time to share about all of 'the things'. Because it's what I do. It's who I am. And I want to take advantage of that time now ... in all things. Including this silly little online space. We've got lots of Popsicles to be had this summer and lots of baby giggles to soak up ... and I want to make sure I document them all for goodness sakes! It's important to me. 

Plus, let's be honest with ourselves ... there's a two night bachelorette screening coming our way this week ... so, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the time. 

 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back :) It is so hard to make time for your self but you have to!! So glad you are coming back

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~