Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Bennett's Birthday Letter - Age 3

Mommy's Birthday Letters to Bennett Archives:
And now we add ... your THIRD BIRTHDAY!!!!

Bear,

This year has been a rough one for me. A good one too, but it's been tough. It's been incredible to see you grow and watch you become a big brother. Before my very eyes I have watched you grow and excel in such a short time and I could not be more proud of you. Mommy found out she was pregnant just months before your second birthday, and I had a pain in my chest that it meant it was my last year of just you and I. We had only had two short years together but you were the boy that made me a mommy. You were the one that showed me how deep and how hard a mommy can fall in love with her little, and I wasn't sure how I was going to manage having to share my time with two littles! So, I vowed to myself to make sure this year counted for us. I know you won't remember being two, but I can promise you I always will.
You blossomed this year sweet BUB. Your vocabulary grew, and your silly personality shined through every day. We were thick as thieves you and I, together every single day for nearly every waking moment. And when your daddy wasn't working he was right there with us and we became the Three Musketeers. They are days I will forever cherish and watching you grow has been one of the highlights of this year. I cried wayyy harder than I thought I would when we dropped you off at school for your first day of two day twos. I knew I would be one of those moms, but man, was I one of those moms! Tears all day I tell you. Of course, you were superb and couldn't wait to go back and learn more as soon as you could. That's your style. You love to learn. You are our little bookworm and love nursery rhymes. We can always count on you to bring a story to life or relish your imagination to bring forth some of the most hilarious stories.
And later, last fall, when it was finally time to say goodbye to our single baby, and become a family of four you impressed me once again. Of course I once again struggled and cried like a baby that it was the last time we'd ever go to bed with just you. I was so excited for your sister (I didn't know she was a girl yet) but you were my BABY and again, I didn't know how I would be able to split the time/love/energy. But you helped ease that for me and just like everyone said, the moment she was born my heart knew exactly what to do. But you my son were amazing, you were my little helper. Always wanting to make sure "Wainey Woo" was okay. Or letting me know she needed me. Running to another room to get a diaper to ensure little sister was okay. You played such a big part in that and you were born to be a big brother. Lainey is so lucky to have you. And I am so lucky to have been blessed with the both of you. You are my greatest joys.

And then we brought our focus off the baby for a little bit and back to you. It was time to start Big Boy Things! You were older than your baby sister and you knew it, and so we succumbed you letting you grow up (a little).  We began potty training you, and again you excelled. I was so amazed and so proud of you! And seeing you be proud of yourself and eager to try new things made my heart smile. And then another big boy thing, we said goodbye to your crib and moved you to your very own big boy bunk bed. You loved every second of it and once again I beamed with pride at how much of a big boy you've become.
I battled some hardships a couple of months ago, most of which I hope to tell you about someday. And we can walk through them together. I hope to be a part of your story in an impactful way and as we walk through your own hardships together in future, we can use this as a night light to remain in your faith - it will take you far. You, my sweet prince, along with your sister and your remarkable daddy, are the reason hearing about the health issues all so hard. I want to be your mommy. I am so blessed to be your mommy. And you, my dear boy, are also one of the reasons I was able to walk through that strife courageously. Because I am bound and determined to be your mommy. And everyday I had to sit on the sidelines and watch our friends, family and our village of people help raise you during the last months of your second year because I was unable, you continued to impress me.
As a two year old you reminded me, it will be okay. You may be more comfortable in your own home, but you can make whatever is thrown at you work too. You had an "I will go with my friends without fear and make the best of the day, even if my mommy is home sick" attitude and it put me at such ease to watch you be so brave. And you my sweet boy would do just that, at two years old. You would head out for the day and come home and couldn't wait tell me all about it. I could be having the worst day and in you would come with stories from your day and a kiss to make everything right again. And every morning when I couldn't get out of bed you would come bursting through the door with a good morning hug and a concerned question of "mommy is your 'weg' feeling better?" Because sweetheart that is who you are. You have the kindest heart and a longing to always educate and understand the situation. And I hope you always remain that way.
You are my boy, my B Bear, Bennett Bernard and the best son a mommy could ask for. I am so proud of you and cannot wait to spend year three with you! Never lose site of your youth ... it is you and should always remain in your heart ... and it will take you far beyond your wildest dreams. Happy Birthday Buddy. Let's race all day!

 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~