Friday, September 18, 2015

Confessional Friday: Life Lately + Sugar Intervention

It's with a heavy heart that I write a Confessional Friday post. Leslie at A Blonde Ambition was the first to introduce me to the idea and was always so amazingly full of life.  I loved linking up with her and hearing about her life. Leslie passed away of a heart condition back in July, leaving behind her husband and two beautiful young girls. Times like this make you stop and realize how short life really is and life can stop in a moment. Before I settle into the daily nonsense that is BlueDaisy in Music City I'd like to pass along that if you'd like to help the Sisti's and their two young girls they have a donation fund here.

So, what's been going on around here lately?  Well, if you want the short and sweet version it's basically just that: short and sweet. Short in that it's all things small and baby. Sweet in that I have zero control on what I am eating and 80% of it is sweet. So if you want to stop reading now ... you've got the gist :)

I confess ... It's all things baby round here. I'm nesting SO much more this pregnancy than last time around. Maybe that's because I actually am a mother now?  Maybe it's because we're in a new place. Maybe it means this baby is a girl? Who knows?! But between the house projects, the purchases (shout out to GoGo for being the BEST mother, mother-in-law + grandma to help us get all of our final items off the to-do list and actually moving ... I seriously doubt if it weren't for her they would ever be completed + an another shout out to MaKenzie for taking on a MAJOR project and keeping the biggest secret ever!  We've kept this tarp on the front door step this week so that all arrivals can be sifted through to ensure there is nothing about gender that may slip through the mail carriers - our mailman and UPS man must think we are nutso!), the more "free-time" now that B is in school two days a week, Shane may kill me if this baby doesn't arrive to put my restless nesting to an end. Ha!
Can't wait to meet this sweet profile and find out if baby moon is a boy or a girl in just a short 8 weeks!
I confess ... As our life seems to get crazier and crazier my heart goes out to our first baby, Maggie. Bless her heart. Bennett's arrival was a doozy and did a serious number on life altering changes in her world. And with this second one ... oh my. We love you girl!
I confess ... on our ride to and from Louisville we pass 'Dinosaur World' and there is a T-rex on the side of the road. Therefore, my two year old naturally thinks it is TOTALLY a normal thing to find dinosaurs while we're driving. On our trips in the car (even just up to the grocery or something) we always have to be on the lookout for dinosaurs. It's the most precious thing ever and I love the innocence in his thought process that is perfectly okay to think we may just have a random Jurassic Park encounter while we're headed to the YMCA. Ahhh to be a kid again :)
I confess ... my dad always says I was the Queen of stealing his shoes and wearing them around the house. And it appears we've got another little shoe lover on our hands. From Daddy's shoes to mommy's rain boots ... we can never find our shoes around here!
I confess ... I am LOVING this fall weather. We've been outside, at the park, or walking every night we can and I never want it to end. Evening picnics all day every day!
I confess ... 8 months of pregnancy is catching up to me. Having a toddler that loves sweets and fried food is a bad combination because I have lost all will power. Bye bye apple, hello milkshake and fries!
I confess ... speaking of that sweet tooth, my husband texted our financial advisor last week telling him that I wouldn't stop talking about the Christmas cake he sends us every year. Annnnnd well, embarrassingly enough ... He sent me one. *face palm* Le sigh. Thanks Brad! And side note, if ya'll need something to send to someone - send them a 7-Layer Caramel Cake from Caroline's - HOLY AMAZING.
I confess ... back to baby - Penny and I finalized the shades + drapes for the nursery and we're going with these beauties (on the left) with a blackout lining behind them and something like the picture below for the drapes - LOVE those little tassels. Ohhh boy, pretty pretty!

I confess ... the more I nest, the more my toddler proves it doesn't matter what I do - this home has children in it. Hello and goodbye brand new lamp that lovingly completed our sitting room. Hello and goodbye newly vacuumed floor and cleaned dining room table. Hello and goodbye any toilet paper that neatly hangs in our bathrooms.  Hello my sweet two year old ;)


I confess ... our date nights look a little different these days but we love it! We went to dinner for our Anniversary last weekend and we were trying to snap a pic of us all gussied up (which is RARE these days) and little man insisted he jump in the middle. And he was welcomed. We wouldn't have it any other way. It's just not complete without him (and the belly) anymore!
I confess ... our little man has been asking to go to the Zoo for weeks now. We've been reading him a zoo book and it's all he can talk about. So, I was able to carve out a few hours this week and make sure he got to "see da aminals mommy" and find out "what dat make" (what noise does that animal make)!  And of course, not 5 minutes in little man got so excited to see the elephants we got a big ole boo boo on both knees and elbows and he informed me he "needed to go to the hospital." Bless his sweet heart. But luckily with a few kisses + some apple juice we were all healed and ready to take on the day.
And feeding the turtles made it much better ;)
I confess ... this sweets thing is really an issue y'all. And this 100 layer donut from Five Daughter's Bakery is certainly NOT helping. I can't stop thinking about it. And thanks to Laura who mentioned to me "I like that you're trying to justify it with a green drink" - I should note it's actually not as green as it may appear. It's actually just a flavored lemonade ... sooo just bring on the sugar. Good grief. Intervention may be necessary.
I confess ... Tee-Ball is in full swing and I owe ya'll a full on recap. Let me tell you a couple of things: 1) two year olds at any kind of sport practice might be the cutest thing on earth. 2) Bennett is getting the hang of it and really has learned something! 3) His daddy is DETERMINED to make him a sports all-star and it cracks me up -- and I love it at the same time. They're warming up and doing stretches in the picture below.
I confess ... the onset of fall has me busting out all of my gear and I can't wait to share some sessions with ya'll son! #TeamCanon
I confess ... I enter into the last year of my twenties TOMORROW! HBD to me! HOWWWWWW is this possible?! I should also confess I've been very specific and requested a special cake. High maintenance .... heyyyyyy!

Have a good weekend everybody!
 photo signature_zps8dinyuit.png

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great one!! I can't wait to see if you are having a girl or boy how exciting. I dont think I could go without knowing..
    Chelsea @thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way I could have done it with my first. This time around it's a little easier ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Your little boy is such a cutie! That's so exciting that you are waiting to find out the gender! My sister in law waited to find out like you did and it was such a fun surprise on the day he was born! Happy Weekend!

    -Savana www.theduncandiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! That donut looks heavenly...I want one! Your little guy seems like so much fun...love all the hello/good byes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That donut. It is the beginning and the end :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~