Monday, September 7, 2015

Playground Pretties

During one of our recent treks back to the bluegrass, we visited PaPaw and GoGo to check out their new playground they had built for the grand-kids on their future plot of land. It sits very close to their current home and they're making a path to it through the woods ... "Ohhhh Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house we gooooo!" - I can't help but sing this in my head every time they talk about it. I think if they ever move in I'll buy this for them as a housewarming present, even if it means something to only me.

Mom's getting her very own green house and dad has a helluva mancave/barn. I'm not going to say it's their dream home, because my parents aren't really what you would call "lifer" type of people in that they could settle on one home or one location forever (Shane and I too have that blessed/cursed gene ... I've talked about it before). But, I would say they have spent the most time talking about this house and taking their time to ensure they are getting everything they want.

In doing so, they had a custom play set built for the kiddos and because Bennett is the first grandchild, he was the lucky one to break it all in. I'd had a shoot that morning, so I had all of my gear in the car and brought out my camera to catch a few snapshots of him playing on the new digs. Thought I'd share a few today and for just a moment try to imagine how big and magical that playground must seem to him.








The world really should be viewed through the eyes of a child. It's so much more magical. Thanks PaPaw and GoGo! We can't wait for many many more adventures.
  photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast!!!Grandaparents are the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make the world go round <3

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~