Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Little Treasures

A few weeks back my sweet Sister-In-Law, Jessica, called me with a VIP pass to the 'Little Treasures Kids Sale'.  I had heard her and my Mother-In-Law rave about the sale for many seasons before, as they made sure to hit it up twice a year for her kiddos.  I had never been and had absolutely no idea what to expect, but I was excited because I had heard so many great things. 


Before I headed there that evening, I googled the sale to learn more about it. WOAH! How cool.  Let me dish some deetz for those of you who haven't heard of it:
  • Mother-daughter duo Janice Seymour and Kelly Brown started Little Treasures in a small garage with 8 consignors in September 2001. Since that time the sale has added seasonal events in Florence, KY, and New Albany, IN. Thousands participate from all over Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee and Mississippi.
  • It's a semi-annual kid’s consignment sale that promises name brands like Ralph Lauren, Gap, Gymboree & more! Specializing in new and gently used kid’s clothing (sizes newborn – juniors), shoes, toys, books, furniture, equipment, fashionable maternity clothes and handmade gifts.
  • Consignors receive 70% of the sale proceeds less a $15 registration fee. You set the price, they sell it for you. 
  • Volunteer to help for a four-hour work shift and you’ll shop first. Special incentives are offered to consignors to increase their earning potential – the more you participate, the more you make!
  • They advise you bring a laundry basket or something to put all of your goodies into, and they are correct - this made shopping MUCH easier.
So essentially, it's a great place to buy and sell your kiddo's stuff.  Now, I was a little skeptical, because I'm not a huge consignment shopper myself.  But, I decided to give it a go.  Ya'll I was OVERWHELMED. 
SO.
MUCH.
STUFF!


Literally, SO MUCH STUFF. Everything from clothes, to toys, to strollers, to beds,to you name it baby or toddler stuff and it's there.  And it is CHEAP!  I tried to coax my mom into going with me (and she so wanted to) but she was heading out of town, so I forced hubs to tag along.  He was a good sport :) and even picked out some cute outfits for his little gentleman (I think Shane's exact words when he found this little number were, "AHA! He can dress just like me!")


This is still our first little tyke, so we're still all wrapped up in the "new" hoopla of it all.  New clothes, new accessories, new toys .. blah blah.  But man, does this stuff add up quick! And it ain't cheap.  So I can totally see after you've got more than one little nugget running around that a sale like this is your heaven. We walked away with several outfits and adorable little numbers for the newest member of our clan.  Here were some of our favorites:

Swim trunks.  Lil' man will be here in time for the 4th of July, so we're over prepared. MURRRICA! Both trunks were a whopping $3.00

Stinkin' adorable plaid shirt and matching khaki pants. If this doesn't scream Little Gentleman, I don't know what does. Entire outfit - $5.50

Complete baseball ensemble.  I have a strong feeling that my dad (PaPaw) will be taking him to his first Cincinnati Reds game, so no worries - he'll be suited up and ready to go. $5.00 for the shorts, jersey, shoes and hat. Amaze.

Baby sweatpants!  These were a hubs "must purchase list".  He was utterly amazed they made baby sweatpants.  And when he found them ... he rolled with laughter and started telling me stories of how he and Baby U will sit on the couch (no shirt) only sweatpants watching ball.  :0) - $4.00 for both pair.


And last but certainly not least ... what could be a possible front runner for Baby U's first ever Halloween costume ... A BABY SAILOR OUTFIT! I die. Literally. Dead. - $7.00 - SEVEN DOLLARS!

And just so ya'll don't think I'm crazy.  I snapped a picture of a couple of the price tags before I trashed em so you'd believe me...

And there you have it, real life Little Treasures for our Little Gentleman.  For all you mama's in the TN, KY, IN, OH area - I highly suggest you check it out. And a bigggg shout out to Jess for hooking me up with the VIP pass, so I was able to shop the pre-sale before it opened up to the public!  Yeeehaw. Love great deals!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty portion of content. I simply stumbled upon
    your website and in accession capital to assert that I
    acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing for your augment or even I success you get entry to constantly
    quickly.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site Laundry Hampers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design is spectacular! You obviously know how to
    keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
    ..HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

    My weblog memo holder

    ReplyDelete
  3. My relatives every time say that I am wasting my time here at net, however I know I
    am getting knowledge everyday by reading thes pleasant posts.


    My blog post; 60th wedding anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peculiar article, exactly what I needed.

    Here is my page; www.afroglobe.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to know a lot approximately this, such
    as you wrote the e book in it or something. I believe that you simply could do with some
    percent to pressure the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is excellent
    blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

    Check out my web blog: engagement gift ideas

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~