Monday, April 22, 2013

Recipe Monday: Buffalo Chicken Pasta

It's a beautiful Monday in the bluegrass state, I had a FABULOUS weekend, I was horrifically lazy yesterday, and caught up on my Zzz's last night. Whew buddy, if it wasn't for this basketball in my belly I'd be hopping around like a young spring chicken!

While I'm working on blog posts about this weekend, and the previous one {teaser: baby showers and a name reveal included}, I thought I'd leave you today with one of my favorite dishes served at this weekend's shower.  My pal Baili ... more on her and her favorite things here ... made this dish at a little get together at her apartment on St. Patty's day and I fell in LOVE.  So, naturally I asked that she please make it for my baby shower :) 


I forgot to snap a pic of the dish before we devoured the deliciousness, but I conveniently remembered after the second serving had been polished off (below). So, I googled a picture of it (above) to make it a bit more appealing, to encourage you to read further (right picture). You won't regret it, I PROMISE.


This is the PERFECT change up for game day tailgates or parties in lieu of buffalo chicken dip.  And BONUS - it's served chilled (but you could eat it hot if you prefer) so it works for all facets.


Buffalo Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:
  • 1 box of bow tie noodles
  • 5 stalks of celery (Baili buys pre-chopped from the salad bar at the grocery - about a full container)
  • 1/2 red onion (Baili buys pre-chopped from the salad bar at the grocery - about a 2/3 full container)
  • 1 rotisserie chicken - shredded
  • 3/4 bottle of ranch (or you could use blue cheese if that's you're thing)
  • 3/4 bottle of Tabasco buffalo sauce
Directions:
  • Prepare noodles as usual
  • When draining the water, pour cold water over your noodles to cool them down and stop from cooking
  • Shred the chicken, and cut up both the onion and celery
  • Put all ingredients a big bowl and mix together - or use your hands :)
  • Serve chilled immediately - or day after
Indulge until your little heart is content! Have a great week.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds SO tasty! Thanks for sharing.

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~