Wednesday, April 24, 2013

peanut butterless

It just became a sad, sad Wednesday my friends.  Three weeks ago I brought a fresh jar of peanut butter to accompany me at my desk to help me combat mid day hunger, keep my sweet tooth at bay, to give my morning banana a little something special, and if I'm really being honest - mainly because I'm pregnant and have been craving peanut butter like it's going out of style and enjoy eating monster spoonfuls of it for no good reason {THERE I SAID IT!}.  


To be clear, there is only 1 kind of peanut butter I like: JIF | CREAMY | REDUCED FAT. Otherwise, I am sad.  But, I wanted to share with all of you ... today, Wednesday, April 24th at exactly 2:45 pm the unthinkable happened.


We've reached the bottom of the tub, and I AM HEART BROKEN.  How did I not see this coming?!  I could have had a spare ready, I could have grabbed some at lunch, I could have brought different snacks to work to cope. But no, nothing. I am now stuck at my desk with nothing but an old package of saltine crackers and water.  Cue my first set of "food pregnancy tears" beginning NOW.


Exactly Bill, exactly. "If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life." So, there it goes. I've lost all control.  I'm blogging about peanut butter, I may or may not have shed a real tear when I at the last bite .. this is what my life has come to.  Way too pregnant and not enough peanut butter. GASP!  

Meanwhile, I imagine little man in my belly just swimming around in an endless supply of my daily consumption. Oh Baby U, how jealous I am of your endless PB tasting.  Can't you just picture him?  All smiles and licking delicious peanut butter off his fat little fingers. 


Alas,  I will try and make it through the last few hours of my day, peanut butterless.  Please no one come visit me ... because I'm in a sad state and you may or may not find me under my desk -- resembling the following picture -- poor pup. I feel your pain.




2 comments:

  1. All I kept saying in the back of my mind was... "Peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time!" - not to downplay your sadness. Poor thing! ;)

    Btw, love the new signature! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I found so many "peanut butter jelly time" images - but couldn't find a creative way to incorporate them!

    love that you noticed the new siggy :) true blogger status right there! hehe

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~