Monday, March 7, 2016

Stitch Fix - Number 1

Happy Monday gang!! It's been a LONG weekend around here to say the least. I'll give you the full rundown on that once I finally have a few moments to myself. But for now, I'm simply gonna hit publish on this little diddy I wrote a few weeks ago.

Mama got me such a fun Valentine's Day gift this year! She signed us up for Stitch Fix and said it would be something fun we could do together every couple of months.  When I lived in Louisville we always found time to stop in a boutique or hit up a cute store every now and again. But, now that I'm in Nashville it's a little more challenging for us to pick up on a whim and get it done. So this is a fun way for us to "shop together" and giggle over fun, cute finds. Thanks mama for thinking of me even when I'm far away. 

For those of you that are unfamiliar, Stitch Fix works like this ... as written on their website:
Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!
1. Fill out your Style Profile - Begin by filling out the Style Profile. This helps us understand your size, style, shape, budget and lifestyle. Completing your profile should only take about 10 minutes.
2. Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment - We’ll send you a selection of five clothing items and accessories handpicked by personal stylists on the date you choose. At the time your stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.
3. Try everything on in the comfort of your home - We encourage you to try on everything our personal stylists have picked for you because you just never know what will look great on! Create new outfits by pairing what’s in your shipment with the items that are already in your closet.
4. Buy what you like and return the rest
  • Take three days to decide what you’ll purchase and what you’d like to send back. You’re only charged for these items when you tell us what you’re keeping and returning.
  • Check out by logging in to your account to pay for those items you want to keep. The $20 styling fee will be applied as credit towards any items you purchase. If you buy all five items, we’ll give you 25% off the entire purchase!
  • Simply return the items you don't want in our pre-paid mailing bag and drop it at any USPS mailbox. Stitch Fix clients enjoy free shipping both ways as a benefit of using our service!
5. Tell us what you think! - Don't forget to give us specific feedback on each of the items you receive. Our personal stylists are able to send you better selections when we know what did and didn’t work for you, and why. Our blog offers a number of tips on the best ways to communicate with your personal stylist. If you choose to receive regularly scheduled shipments, we will automatically schedule the delivery date for your next shipment. You can always choose an alternative date that better suits your needs or opt out of regularly scheduled shipments entirely. Stitch Fix does not require a membership fee or a monthly subscription.
So, I was so excited when I got home from the Bahamas and my first one was waiting on my door step! EEEK!

Item #1: Bancroft, Leighton Metal Bauble Necklace (returned)
Item #2: Market & Spruce, Baka Henley Top
Item #3: Market & Spruce, Elmira Jacket (returned)

The designer did a good job with this one. It is super cute and totally up my alley. But, I literally own something almost identical and have several hunter green tops already, so it just didn't quite make the cut. Sowwy. 

Item #4: 41Hawthorne, Renesme Geo Cube Print Faux Wrap Dress (returned)
Item #5: Henry & Belle, Jaylie Skinny Jean (returned)

While these jeans were really cute, I have a jean addiction and own way too many pair. Ask any of my high school friends and they can attest this and sweat pant hoarding is a real problem for me. So, I committed to myself before even starting this process ... unless the jeans fit me PERFECT or are completely different (style, look, color) than something I already own ... I will not be keeping jeans. 

So, while my first Stitch Fix wasn't the most successful in regards to "kept pieces", I'm not closing the book just yet. It was still super fun and there's no membership fee or monthly subscription so why not participate?! Such a great concept and fun way for momma and I to continue our bad habits, even if we're miles away! Love you momma ... and new Baka top! Hehe. 
 photo signature_zps8dinyuit.png

1 comment:

  1. ha i have a huge jean addiction myself. sorry it wasnt the best! cant wait to see the next one you get though !

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~