Monday, September 16, 2013

Recipe Monday: Heath Bar Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies!

Ever since I was a little girl I've been a chocolate chip cookie fan. But then again, who wasn't? I remember making them with my mom (brownies were also a young Katie Bugg favorite) and once I was deemed old enough to start making them by myself I started experimenting with recipes other than the tried and true 
back of the bag Tollhouse recipe.

One of my favorite alterations was a recipe I discovered several years ago. I'm not even sure it's origin, nor why I decided to try it, but boy am I glad I did.  It incorporates pudding packets into the cookies and gives them an even sweeter flavor, while making them extra soft.
Here's the sweet treat for Recipe Monday: 

Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla Pudding
And I added some Heath Bars to this batch too 
(I had some leftover from another recipe I had made)
:) Yummy yummy!

Ingredients:
  • 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 (3.4 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 cups semisweet chocolate chip minis


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Sift together flour and baking soda in seperate bowl and set aside. (Forgot the picture, but I'm sure you can manage)
In large bowl, blend together butter, brown sugar and white sugar. 
Beat in pudding mix until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Blend in the flour mixture.

Stir in chocolate chips (or whatever kind of chips or candies or nuts your little heart desires).

Rolls cookies into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes. Edges should be lightly golden brown.
Now, grab a glass of ice cold milk and eat until your content!

1 comment:

  1. I've done the pudding thing for years! I love how your cookies are bite size and so cute!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~