Tuesday, March 12, 2013

There's a hole for my belly?

I've been meaning to blog about this for over a month now, and for whatever reason I just haven't gotten around to writing about it.  So here it finally is: My first prenatal massage, a REAL TREAT.

So, for Valentine's Day hubs booked us both massages- which was amaze. However, seeing as though I have a minor obstruction (ahem...my preggo belly) in the way, I was a little concerned with how the whole massage deal was going to go down.  Coupled with the fact that you aren't supposed to lay on your back (dang pregnancy rules) I was a bit skeptical of the whole thing.


We went to a boutique salon in our town called Elements (well actually to be honest, I'm not sure if there are multiple locations or not ... so don't quote me on the boutique comment).  We had a great experience so if you're in Louisville and looking for a new massage place to try, I'd recommend it.  

Alright, details.  So as I mentioned, I was extremely skeptical and couldn't comprehend exactly how the whole thing was going to work. Was I going to sit Indian style while she massed me? Was I going to have to stand up?  None of what I imagined sounded very relaxing and I'll be flat out honest, I wasn't really looking forward to the awkwardness I was picturing.  Which would fall right in line with the science project I feel like lately.  Every morning brings a new discovery.

HOWEVER!  These masseuses are some smart people.  They've figured out some fancy deals with that massage table.  So first, she had me lay on my belly and low and behold - she removed part of the table for my twin girlfriends and my belly - so they wouldn't be in the way.  (I tried to snap pictures once it was over, but my flash was being weird so it's kind of hard to see.)  And you're not like free falling or hanging loose, there were pillow things for them to rest on, it just made for extra room.


It felt SO good to be able to lay on my belly! I haven't been able to do that for so long, I had forgotten how glorious it is.  By the way, I'm a belly sleeper, so this whole pregnancy and sleeping has been quite the experience!

After she finished massaging my back and legs it was time to work on the front side. Again que "uhm how is this going to happen" because I'm not supposed to be laying on my back...

But again, smarty masseuse to the rescue.  She had a wedge for my back. Duh! How perfect.


Apparently, you can also elect to not use the wedge or the table holes and just lay on your sides and they can carry out the massage that way.  But I had absolutely ZERO problem with the wedge and the center cut hole for my belly - so I'd vote to try it that way if you're thinking about it.  

Are there any other pregnancy wonders out there that I need to try?  Because if you've got some secrets I'd love to put them to the test!

I'll leave you with the ABC's of life that were on the wall at the salon.  I thought they were inspiring!


2 comments:

  1. I loved those ABC's!! Good way to start a morning. Love you. *~ Noellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility іssues.

    Whеn I lоok at уouг ωebsite
    in Chrome, іt lοoks fine but ωhen opening in Intегnet Εxplοrer, it has ѕomе
    oѵeгlapрing. І just wаnted to give
    yоu a quicκ heаԁs up! Othеr then thаt, аweѕome blog!


    Feеl free to visit my ωeb-sіte hcg diet tips

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~