Monday, December 8, 2014

The Land Down Under

The countdown is officially on. We leave to spend Christmas and New Year's in AUSTRALIA in
9 DAYS! 
Holy excited/terrified to fly with Bennett/can't wait to see my momma/explore/travel anxiety!

I feel like we have been talking about this trip FOREVER. I haven't really talked about it much on my blog except for that one time I thought about purchasing a hiker backpack.  For inquiring minds, we never pulled the trigger.

But, now we're almost there, close to a week away and I couldn't feel less prepared. Says the girl who has traveled abroad enough times for this to be an old hat. Ha!  Traveling with a toddler for 24 hours makes me feel like such a newbie. Hell, we've even had Bennett on an airplane nearly 15 times and I'm still Googling what are the best snacks to bring?!  I plan to spend the majority of my week researching all {but not limited to} there is to know about traveling with a toddler. Good grief!

Anywhoodles, I plan to take some great shots and recap some awesome points of the whole trip ... but for a little teaser ... here's what's up to bat and what you can expect to see:

First Stop: Sydney In Sydney I hope to sing opera at the famous opera house in Sydney Harbour, put on bikini and catch some rays at Bondi Beach, drink some Australian craft beers with the hubs, enjoy the botanical gardens, and set the tone for what it's like to be an Aussie.




Followed By: Cairns In Cairns (pronounced Cane I think!?) I hope to watch everyone else scuba dive the great barrier reef (I'll look through some goggles but the ocean ain't my thing), take the skyrail, check out some nearby islands, visit the rainforest, whitewater raft, tandem skydive (sayy whaaaaa), bungee jump, and fish. Because I'm an outdoorsy type you know :)




And finished off in Melbourne In Melbourne I hope to visit some wineries and drink some vino, ring in the new year, kiss a kangaroo, check our the Eureka sky-deck, buy some yummy food at the Queen Victoria Market, and discover the city and it's famous lane ways.





I'm so excited I can't wait!  Catch ya later blokes (or something like that).
  photo signature_zps3a65d335.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~