Friday, September 16, 2016

Thirty Brings a Slight Change of Plans

Hey there kids. I just laid Lainey down for a nap, ate some avocado because it's about the only thing in this house (go to the grocery store and stop typing your feelings Katie), big brother is at school, Hubs is out of town for meetings, I turn thirty Monday, The View is on in the background solely so I can roll my eyes at Raven Simone's daily hairdo (I literally loathe this show, but it comes on after one of my favorite morning shows, Live with Kelly + <insert new cohost name here>, so inevitably it always ends up on in the background) and a realtor just called to come walk through our house. So I really need to pick up the playroom ... buuuut instead I'm just over here like what in the world is happening?!

Yep, you read that right. A realtor. Because our home is for sale. And that means we're moving. And not just down the block. But back to our old Kentucky home. Moving states, AGAIN. Ya'll I can't even deal anymore. You know the saying, "If you want to make God laugh just tell him your plans"? That saying literally could not ring more true in our home. This year has BLOWN ME AWAY with it's ever constant reminders that He is in charge. It is His plan and we have to trust, have faith and find a way to wake up everyday with a smile. And I turn thirty Monday and that means a new decade to start.

You may remember a few short two years ago when I told you about moving to Nashville and the essence of change in our life. Remember that?  It was all about coming to terms with the change. About how I was built for it. About how much I was going to embrace it and love it. And newsflash: I did exactly that. We planted roots. We bought a home. We made friends, that have become our family away from family. We've fallen in love with Nashville. We battled and dug our heels in to make the best of an unfortunate diagnosis. We brought our beautiful daughter into the world. We found Bennett a preschool and fell in love with the ministry. And we were starting to feel settled and make this our home.

And then, right when we were starting to feel like we were ready to take a breath and settle into a lifestyle we'd come to fall in love with and are accustom to ... Shane got a job offer he couldn't pass up. To be completely transparent: We cried. I cried a lot, Shane cried a little :). We fought. Real authentic discussion; not a battle, but a "I'm standing here on this issue and how can you not come to my side even a little" type of fight. We weighed our pros and cons. We prayed. Heavens did we pray. We talked. And we talked some more. And then we talked some more. And then we stopped talking. And then we talked some more. And then we listed every reason it was the worst decision we could possibly make at this point in our lives (uhm, hi doctors that will be with me for the next five years, IN NASHVILLE).  And then we listed every reason it was the greatest decision we could ever make. And then we talked some more. And then we came to a place where it was time for us to trust. Trust each other.  Trust our marriage. Trust our family. Trust His plan. Time to put our faith first. Time for us to have faith in one another. Time for us to have faith in God's plan. And time for me to start a fresh new year and us to move back home.

It was always on the table. From the moment we left Louisville, the concept of moving home was always a possible reality. But, neither of us could have imagined it would have come this early. We had always left it on the back burner, and said we would talk more seriously about it when Bennett was ready to start real school. Which to me meant 2-3 years from now. So, to feel as though we are just finally getting settled here, only to pick up and leave seems so surreal. It's the final item of a year in which our world seems to be spinning off it's axis, that finally throws our world completely off the axis and into outer-space. Just orbiting out there all alone. Oh, and I turn thirty Monday. Are you catching on to my mellow drama yet?

The thought of packing up this house. The thought of finding another home and working to make it ours (this time with TWO little munchkins running around). The thought of re-entry. The thought of life without our Nashville buddies in our everyday. The thought of Bennett being the "new kid" at school. The thought of figuring out another grocery (Oh the HORROR!). Starting a new decade of my life next week. All of it. Too many thoughts. Too much too soon. A slight change of plans that has me throwing up my hands.

A new decade comes with a a lot of new. But, in the words of The Band Perry, I'm a Comeback Kid (legit that is my anthem right now, LOVE that song).  Not sure it actually applies to this conversation, but thought I'd share that I love it. And we're moving forward, again. And we're moving, again. And I'm turning thirty, starting a new decade, growing older.  A privilege denied to many. And that actually is awesome. My husband has a job he loves and is going to knock it out of the park. We are moving closer to our friends and family. We get to raise our kiddos in a city we know, love and trust. Life is moving forward, we have many new, bright, exciting things on the horizon. Lots to look forward to and much ahead.  Bring it on thirty. I'm ready for you.

 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

6 comments:

  1. Girl, I totally understand all the feelings! I can't believe that 2 years ago we lived in downtown Chicago then we were in Nashville for a year and a half and just now moved to Charleston. My head is still spinning! But you learn to just trust it will all work out and embrace it! Glad I got to meet you and best of luck with your move!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheewwwweeee!!!! How is Charleston?!? Can I come visit when this is all over. I think I'll need a vacation! HA

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! I was so sad to leave Nashville but it isn't too bad being about 5 miles from a beach! ;) Definitely stock up on wine for the move!

      Delete
  2. Good luck!! Sounds like it will be such a bittersweet move (I totally feel you on figuring out a new grocery store), but how wonderful to be back close to family! That is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily!! Yes yes it will. Praying for the best!!

      Delete
  3. I will babysit your kids when you're back and moving in! I feel like I know them from Snapchat :) (weird, but true).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~