Monday, October 24, 2016

Houses, Prom, Football and Sunday

Prom, Football and Sunday. I realize that isn't anywhere close to acceptable for the title of a post nor the opening sentence to said post, but it's Monday. It's Monday ... I'm exhausted and I'm in the Costco parking lot waiting for Lainey to finish her little car snoozle and it's the best I could come up with. Bennett is content in the backseat with the iPad (because we brought it to our morning appointment), so I thought I'd recap our long weekend while I have a few moments of quiet.

I picked up the Beebster from school on Tuesday, loaded him into the car and headed north to spend the weekend in Kentucky. Shane had a management retreat and was going to be about 1.5 hours north of Louisville, so the kids and I thought it'd be a good weekend to tag along. Wednesday and Thursday we were jam packed with appointments for the new house. This move is happening and every day we get closer and closer. And this weekend made it feel really really REAL.

I can't wait to share more details on all of this with you all! I'm currently working on a post I hope to share this week with a lot of the before photos so we can start at square one and work our way through. 
This little guy tagged along and while I saw tons of vacant house and exciting storage ... he saw endless possibilities for games of hide and seek.

Since we were home on a Wednesday, I was able to make it to the Gals Night! We had a yummy dinner at Mesh and my parents took the kids. But, we were having dinner so close to Hillcrest I snuck out of dinner early and met my parents and the kids to walk the creepy streets. We were tricked by ghouls and goblins and I actually screamed very loud on multiple occasions. Hillcrest is known as "Halloween Street" in Louisville and nearly everyone who lives there participates. Think Christmas lights, but only during Halloween. These people go all out and it is such a fun tradition. Some go super scary, others keep it more tame. But it's totally free and so fun if you're ever in town and looking for something to do during October. It's active every night of the month, but on the weekends they kick it up a notch. Halloween is so fun!



Friday we had a great day of play once PaPaw arrived home from the management retreat and went on fabulous fall walks, drove the power wheel and biked until our hearts were content. And once the kiddos had just enough fun, we buckled them in the car for a cousin sleepover at Sissy and Poppy's house! Emmie and Brody were of course their too and Mr. B was all smiles.


Shane and I got cleaned up for our evening, attending the Pink Prom. One of our good friends started a fundraiser about five years back called the Pink Prom. All of the proceeds go to Breast Cancer research and you get to relive your prom night all over again! We had dinner at Vincenzo's before heading to the Gillespie.  Falls City sponsored a table, so our whole crew attended and my parents came too! We had so so much fun and it was nice to get all gussied up for a change! A far cry from my normal ponytail and yoga pants uniform, ha.




Saturday morning we were up and at em to pick up the kiddos and head to the University of Louisville football game. We had an extra ticket so we invited Brody along, and I'm sure you can imagine that made our little man the happiest of all. And, added bonus even more of our friends and Grandpa came with us too, so the kiddos really scored on family time this weekend! It was all things football and food at the Homecoming game and we had the best time.

The sweetest. New framer for the house!
Let's be honest though ... we all just want the giant Kizito cookies.


Once the the game was over, we packed up the car and hit the road to get back on the highway towards good ole rocky top. And guys, I realize for a lot of you momma's this doesn't mean that much ... but my kids slept THE ENTIRE WAY HOME. Nearly three whole hours! I am one of those mothers that was blessed (side eye) with children who hate the car and literally never sleep longer than 30 minutes. Truthfully, from infancy to toddlerhood - NEVER ever sleep or are content in a car. So I was doing a happy happy dance when they were still asleep and mama got some peaceful time in the car! (I won't share that thanks to the long nap they did not sleep Saturday night or the story would be way less cool.)


Sunday morning we hit the ground running with yummy food in a our belly, Jesus in our hearts, and a fabulous family hike at Radnor Lake.


We stopped for lunch in Brentwood at BurgerFi  and they were having an anniversary party with a clown offering blow up animals and free face painting! Bennett requested he be a pirate dog! :) It was a great day followed by breezy errands and a yummy home cooked meal. 
It was such a great weekend, and aside from the fact that we're all exhausted we're ready to take on the week. Halloween and a first birthday are on the horizon and we are PUUUUUMPED! Happy Monday gang!

 photo signature2_zpsk2krzmg0.png

1 comment:

  1. That Halloween street sounds like so much fun! LOVE your prom dress - you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Your comments make my day - and I read each and every one of them. I'd love to be able to respond so make sure your email address is set up with your profile ~